I'm in stitches

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,
Didn't you get a free Heart shape pillow at the hosp. To put on your over your chest to protest it from the seat belt! I carried my around for several months after surgery!

Hi Sherrin,

Yeah, I got a brick...I mean pillow back in March when I had my Ross Procedure :rolleyes: .

Two days after having the wires removed I had no pain, so I guess I didn't think about the seat belt rubbing the incision on my way home 2 weeks later. When I was driving on uncrowded stretches of highway I would hold the seat belt strap in my left hand for awhile to give my incision a break.

An update...still have a little pus draining from where the stitch was. And unfortunately I woke up today in severe pain...just like that. I must have slept funny or something, but I have severe pain when I move or to the touch in the same ole spot...at the top right portion of my sternum. I'm somewhat confused and definitely disappointed (as I have started applying for traveling jobs again).

You could try some hydrogen peroxide on that stitch a couple times a day, along with the triple antibiotic. It might help to bubble some of that out.

The pain you felt in that old, same spot might be from where a wire was removed. Hopefully, It's just a temporary setback, Bryan.

Best wishes,

Thanks Bob. I know it may be premature...but my gut is telling me it's cartilage damage. I think I need to make a decision on whether or not I will be able to "suck it up" and work through the pain (when it comes and goes), or if it may be time to look for something without the physical demands of traveling. I know it's only been a little over 3 weeks since going wireless, but time is no longer on my side. I know everything will work out ok...just not fun going through the "process". :eek:

Latest posts

Back