I'm home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acr

Well that was one of life's little adventures.

Was admitted March 18th for surgery on the 19th for Aortic valve swap.

I am now the proud owner of a 29mm St Jude mechanical valve. No complications that I'm aware of. I was quite ready to go home after 6 days, but they wanted to hang onto me to get the pacing wires out, plus get my anti-coagulation up and get my Warfarin dosage worked out. Only issues were heart rate going fast plus a little irregular (sorted with magnesium?).

As it stands I'm sitting here feeling pretty well. To everyone who posted messages of support and prayers, God Bless you all. I know that God was looking after me during the whole process. I'll post some more later on my experiences going into and post surgery. Anyway, time to rest methinks.

Ade

Well that was one of life's little adventures.

Was admitted March 18th for surgery on the 19th for Aortic valve swap.

I am now the proud owner of a 29mm St Jude mechanical valve. No complications that I'm aware of. I was quite ready to go home after 6 days, but they wanted to hang onto me to get the pacing wires out, plus get my anti-coagulation up and get my Warfarin dosage worked out. Only issues were heart rate going fast plus a little irregular (sorted with magnesium?).

As it stands I'm sitting here feeling pretty well. To everyone who posted messages of support and prayers, God Bless you all. I know that God was looking after me during the whole process. I'll post some more later on my experiences going into and post surgery. Anyway, time to rest methinks.

Ade

Glad to read that you're home, Ade!:)

Ade,

Welcome home - certainly the nicest place to be. Now you can actually get some rest without people bothering you all the time. Take it nice and slow and let us know if we can help.

Welcome home, and take it really easy. Do not over do it, the recovery takes time. Praying for a quick and smooth recovery.

Welcome to your new lease on life!

Hey, if you have anticoagulation problems, which most every new person does, come see us in the anticoag forum and we'll help get you straightened around.

29mm, my we're a big aorta aren't we.

Welcome home. Your only jobs for the next few weeks is to walk, sleep, eat and breathe. Be good to your body and it will be nice. Over-do it and it will throw you down!

Ade, welcome to this side and welcome home!! Quite the adventure, huh? Take care and take it easy. Talk to you later.

Randy

Job well done!!!! Excellent!

Congratulations and welcome home.

Now be patient with your recovery and hopefully enjoy being pampered by someone (even if it's just yourself!!) as you get stronger and stronger each day.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Well done Ade. All the best for a trouble free recovery.
You're over the mountain!

Latest posts

Back