I'm disappointed.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Unless the unit can be tested for accuracy against their labs, my insurance isn't going to cover the machine. Now all I have to do is get the unit in their door and run the tests and see.

Last edited:

got an e-mail for the North Canton Medical Center??? and we home testers will swamp Dr. Johnson will the Pros and cons of home testing.. I would have never known mine was a 4.3..testing once a month or whatever..Got it down in 3 days with salads.:)

Interesting Ross. Thank you for posting the information. I am sorry it did not work out in your interest. Can you tell us which machine they were '"testing" against the lab? I am the owner of a Coaguchek. Have checked my unit against the lab on numerous of occasion. Always withing .02 of the lab. Which is an acceptable.
I did have a problem once, it was obvious so I went to the lab. Results were not matching. My machine was replaced.

I sent a copy of that to QAS in hopes they'd take a whack at trying to prove the accuracy of their equipment. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. I couldn't get NCMF to tell me what brand or unit they tested, so I think something is fishy in the local pond.

Wackos for sure!

Wackos for sure!

What a bunch of crack smokers. People who don't know the whole story are always trying to ding a good thing. Get their email Ross and we'll email them with wisdom which is something they lack.

By Telephone:
Non-appointment calls:
330-494-6820

Administration Fax Number:
330-494-3606

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

http://www.northcantonmedical.org/feedback.htm

They won't give an email address, but the page above has as option to receive a reply by email, so I guess this is the answer?

10/14/2002
I have sent mail to them and have not received a reply. My phone calls go unanswered also. I think I ticked them off a bit.

Last edited:
QAS REPLY

QAS REPLY

We tried to call that number, checked our database, and we have had no record of the clinic in that letter. I have alot of studies about the reliability of our device, and even have a book of technical reports. The ProTime Monitor has an ISI of 1.0 and an R value of .97, all of which are excellent when correlating to the lab. Drop me an email at [email protected] if you have any concerns over the accuracy of the device. I will also call the manufacturer rep for that state and see if we had a monitor in their office for the correlation.

Thanks,

Lance

Hi Ross,

When you have a moment to iron things out, let us know what the outcome was. I once had a hematologist that monitored my levels. Big source of his practice revenue was managing coumadin patients. Hence was opposed to prescribing the unit for home use.

There are others out there that have tested such units and are aware of the accuracy percentages. You may need to find another prescribing provider. My former insurance company reimbursed for a portion of the unit. But would not pay for the supplies. If that is not nuts. My new carrier supposedly will pay for the supplies. Awaiting the submitted claim

Good luck to you. It is to your advantage to persue!

Thanks Lance

I want to prove to them that it is accurate. After my extended stay of 5 1/2 weeks in CSICU, I have no real veins for them to hit and it isn't any fun having it taken out of your hand!

I'd appreciate and welcome getting the product in their door for testing. If they are satisified then, I stand a chance of approval.

You are my hero

You are my hero

dear, dear Ross,
I'm so happy to see you, I could just spit!!! The hoops we need to jump in order to get a home monitor are many. You have overcome so much. You'll get your monitor, I'm sure. More hoops.
Kind regards,
Blanche

PS. Your son was such consolation to all of us as we wondered about you all that time. Gosh, I missed you.

To Ross

To Ross

Dear Ross,

Please give me a call so that I can do my best to help you with your situation. Maybe your Dr. just needs some good referrals, case studies, tech reports, etc. Also, we can have one of our nurses call the Dr. to go over everything. My number is 800-298-4515 ext. 2865. Thanks,

Lance

Thanks Lance.
I'll do that as soon as I get everything else squared away. My wife isn't very good at general household financial management. I have a few things that need to get straightened before I can approach with the idea of the product.

Too much of a variance for my doc

Too much of a variance for my doc

I am now trying to get BCBS of MA to cover my supplies. When they agreed to purchase the unit for me they said they would cover supplies for one year. Well, the year is up and now I am trying to get them to give me full coverage. However, and this is the biggie....if they contact my cardio doc, I know he will not give them a verbal or written thumbs up on the unit. The variances are too frequent and wide.

Too be honest, I had a rep from Protime call me before my one year was up, and she said that she was going to try to get a new unit shipped to me just in case mine was defective. She really sounded sincere as I explained my situation. I never heard backfrom her, nor did a new unit ever arrive. Apparantly, Protime seems to think that the difference between 3.6 with monitor and 4.5 with lab is OK. (that's just one of them). My doctor does not think this is OK. With a history of a subdural, and then this past March having the bleed in my hip from Lovenox I also am not sure that this is OK. I find that my Protime unit tends to give me lower results than the lab. Because of my results I was prescibed Lovenox. Guess I ran into problems with that one. My original machine (from Avocet that went out of business was right on target). I do everything the way I should but I feel my results should be closer together. I tried bringing my unit to hospital to have both testing done at the same time, etc.... I continue to use my unit, and I do love the advantages, but again, I would feel more comfortable if the lab and my unit were more consistant.
Thats my opinion.
Good luck to you Ross.
Gisele

Hi Ross
I have been working on trying to get my own unit since this summer and I think it maybe getting it next week and the insurance is going to pay for it . Surprrise!!!! I Had my surgery last march and I have had it tested at least once a week and some times more. This will be so great.
SHerrin Hutt
Mitri Valve Replacement 3/02

Typo on my message..should say "thumbs down"

Typo on my message..should say "thumbs down"

Just noticed a little typing error. MD will give thumbs down on unit.

Monitor

Monitor

In regards to the ProTime monitor I can tell you that our machine correlates very well with the lab. We have a multi-center study report with stats that explain how well we correlate with the lab and that people who test once a week maintain the desired level of anticoagulation 85% of the time while those using a monthly schedule of monitoring maintain the desired level 50-60% of the time. Our company also works on getting approval from your insurance company and provides desired information to your insurance.

Thanks Michelle. I've somewhat talked to Lance about it. What I'd like to do is get your product into their lab and let them test the accuracy. If you have a sales representitive in the Akron/Canton Ohio area, I'd sure like to try to get the unit in their door.

Let me call the sales rep in the Ohio area and see what they have to say about it. I'll post the outcome of my conversation.

Thank you so much. I don't think it was your product that they tested. The way I see this is you may even gain a few sales from the foundation themselves, if it will compare closely with their lab results.

Protime machine

Protime machine

Hi Ross,
I have my machine for two weeks now. I have had at the DR. and ran two protime machine at the same time. There was only 3 pts. difference in theirs and mine. It is really nice having it at home. My insurance co. is paying for everthing. I can't believe it.
I have been trying to get this since this summer.
Sherrin Hutt
St. Jude valve replacement. 3/02
Louisville, Ky

Latest posts

Back