If your not into exercie-then what!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Syl and all-
I am with Nancy and Hensylee. (I hope Syl didn't think my original post was harsh)

Peachy, I feel sorry for you being married to such a snob and know-it-all.
You know, LtCdData, I'd be happy to come over there and give you a great big kick up your arse because you need it, you cheuchter.

kisses and cuddles
Mara

With apologies to those who do not speak the language..........and to quote a famous Scottish Poet

?Oh wad some power the giftie gie us, To see oursels as ithers see us!

An whatever yer name is - If ye haney palid the gaim, dinney maik the rooles.

Wise up,

More exercise ideas

More exercise ideas

Some other ideas might include an exercycle...mine has the rowing arms so I get an upper body workout also...go at your own pace and watch tv or radio---listen I mean. I also have found the Leslie Sansome walking tapes...video tapes for indoor walking...one mile and two mile tapes. I got on to them from Weight Watchers this winter when it was just too crummy to walk outside...they actually get your heart rate right up there or if you don't feel like it, you can go gentler. I got them from Amazon.com. Also I like to dance some days...just put on some jivy music and go for it...whatever steps, hops, bends and stretches I want. Please keep trying...you'll build up to it and it is so important to your health. Don't be put off by what was said, maybe how, but not what...it is vitally important to move our bodies...not just us by ALL of US in the USA could use exercise! So don't take offense, take him up on the dare so that in 6 months you can email him back and say you are gestting in great shape and just walked 5 miles! There is no sweeter revenge than to take the challenge and then stick your thumb of success in their eye!

Jean-
waht are thise walking tapes like? Are they good?

Syl-
what about pilates? it is supposed to be pretty cool. My friend is doing it and has lost 10 pounds in 2 months. I think that's awesome.

-Mara

Exercise thoughts

Exercise thoughts

Mara...about the tapes...yes they are very good, I think. When you can't walk outside or maybe if you just prefer to through in a tape. She uses walking, side steps, bends , kicks, stretches. It is a good workout...I sweat more than when I just walk, except if I go walking in the fields and woods. Yet you can do it slower or just walk and not bop around if you feel like it. I was leary at first, but liked the first one so well I now have three.

About LtCdData...he might have been blunt, but I have to stand up for him a little. This summer my cardio said after telling me that he was so pleased with all aspects of my heart health since surgery, that he really thought I should lose weight...he said it would be a shame to waste such a successful surgery by improper eating habits. It stung, but I already knew he was right. It was just the kick I needed to tackle the job...I have lost 18 pounds since then and will lose the other10 -15 I want to take off. Sometimes, the soft approach just gives someone permission to sluff off. So while it didn't sound pretty, it was up front...we really must take care of our bodies and moderate exercise is vital...dance, walk, ride a bike DO SOMETHING! We all need to do this. Remember those early days in the hospital when they kept telling you WALK, WALK, WALK!!! Keep doing it. They're right.

Walking,Walking,Walking!!

Walking,Walking,Walking!!

:) Hi Jean
Just to let you know, I am doing just fine my walking is getting better each day. Up to 30 min each day. Went my energy is getting so much better. Feel great and by next week I'll be back to work. Did a all day walk at a Dental Convention yesterday, did just great. Thanks Syl:rolleyes:

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

Sylvia, I'm glad to hear your news...I hope you realize that I am not trying to be holier than thou or nasty, but I just think it is so vital for us to be so proactive taking care of our bodies. My doctor's comments really hit home with me...maybe it is like they say about reformed smokers for exercisers too...there is no one more critical than a former couch potato! I said it all with love because I so truly believe it. Don't over push yourself, just keep moving. Good luck and love.

Latest posts

Back