Idrees had his post-op ECHO

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RI Mom

Idrees is now almost 6 weeks post-op and seems to be doing great! He is back to his same activity level and has no complaints about pain or discomfort. He visited the Cardiologist today and according to his ECHO, his right heart pressure gradient is below 30 and his right ventricle appears smaller than before surgery. His effusion is significantly decreased as well. This is all great news for us. I hesitate to say how long I anticipate this valve lasting as the last one only lasted for one year, but I am optimistic!!

He is cleared for school in September but not allowed to participate in PE or recess for awhile. He's not too happy about that but he'll get over it :)

Good news today!

That's good news; kids really bounce back so much quicker than us adults do, don't they?

Hopefully, the valve witll last a good long time. I guess the plans are to have it replaced at some point as he grows?

Glad to hear he is doing well. Keep up the good work, and don't let him overdo it quite yet.

So glad to hear he is doing better.
My goodness. How do you cope?
I have my good days and my bad--and my son hasn't been through nearly what yours has! Sometimes I think my son does way better with it all than I do.
Great job- keep it up and keep us posted!

Well delvalle6.....you just do what you have to do. Nobody asks for this, certainly nobody wants it. It is much easier after a procedure than before it. If you are looking at the possibility for the Ross on your son, then you have are probably feeling the anxiety of that. Trust me....I had plenty of anxiety before my son's surgeries but when things are going good....I enjoy it!! Having support like this forum helps tremendously!!

Theresa,
Outstanding news! I hope Idrees's valve lasts longer than anyone can possibly expect.

Latest posts

Back