I wonder....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCB

Has anyone ever noticed the lack of longtime minority members? It seems to me
That we have had a few pass through like Arcweld and another who used The Stones Logo (sorry don’t remember his name). My hope is that they found what they wanted
and just moved on like so many do. How about the Hispanic members, where are they? There groups have their own unique problems and there input is needed here.

As Black History Month draws to a close, it would be good to remember the wonderful contributions Blacks have made to medical science and their tragically pitiful rewards.

As for me, I still remember when I was a little boy and my poor mother had to search for blood donor to match my rare blood and bring them to the hospital to stand by to give fresh blood. It was a very emotional time for her as no child had survived a valve replacement. I watched as she opened the mail one day (I had been taken out of school on orders from my doctor to enable me to rest) and suddenly she broke down and cried.
I asked her in a that voice, that only a little boy feeling helpless seeing his mother sobbing would, “What’s a matter mommy?” It turns out that a woman with my rare blood type had written to say she would be glad to travel 300 miles to give blood for me.
The women said she was a Negro and would understand if my mother didn’t want to her blood to go into me. My mother felt so bad for this woman and wondered how anyone could turn down gift of life saving blood, just because of skin color. The local newspaper and wire services had done a good job of getting the word out so we ended up getting a lot more letters and donors than we needed. My mother read all the letters, but didn’t have time to respond to them. That afternoon she sat down and wrote a long letter
to this women- mother to mother, thanking her for her offer. When I asked her why she had treated her so special, she told me it was because the women had gone of her way at the risk of rejection, to care about me.

I hope we will all make an effort to make minority heart valvers feel welcome to board and to our VR family.:)

You might be right but I am not sure. There are so many members who do not have their pictures as an avatar so how would we know for sure?
I would hope no one would feel excluded due to race (or any other factor). We certainly all know that heart disease does not discriminate and I do not believe any of us would either. Or, to paraphrase an old saying, I would not want to be a member of a club (website) with members that would discriminate.

I don't think anyone here would discriminate either

I don't think anyone here would discriminate either

geebee said:
You might be right but I am not sure. There are so many members who do not have their pictures as an avatar so how would we know for sure?
I would hope no one would feel excluded due to race (or any other factor). We certainly all know that heart disease does not discriminate and I do not believe any of us would either. Or, to paraphrase an old saying, I would not want to be a member of a club (website) with members that would discriminate.

I just was hoping that we had more diversity. Maybe your right and we do- I just couldn't tell. Maybe that is the way it should be.:)

I kind of liked that Stones Logo- miss it. He was always so upbeat.:D

I remember Arcweld...
he is the first member I remember (when I first joint ) seeing him come out over the other side of the mountain...
it was a great moment for me to see him back and well again...:D

I hope he remembers to pop back in and say HI !

Ross will have a good time monitoring this for accuracy!!

Ross will have a good time monitoring this for accuracy!!

Let?s ask their height, weight and shoe size when they sign in too. :p :D Of course current members would have to do the same! :eek:

Who?s first?!! :p

Rain said:
Let?s ask their height, weight and shoe size when they sign in too. :p :D Of course current members would have to do the same! :eek:

Who?s first?!! :p

Well, okay, I'll go first

6 feet, 120 pounds, size 8, 36/24/36 oops, guess I went too far.:D

And I want someone to try to prove I'm lying!:D

6' 6" , size twelves, & 268#.........now on with Karlynn......wooooooh That's is TMI. I am not sure my sewn in valves can handle this sort of information. hehehe

Diverswity is everywhere, I am sure it is here as well. We just don't see it with the avatars not being the picture of the folks.

Ben

Hillarious........

Hillarious........

Karlynn....

I knew someone would have that response... but I expected it to be Janie. :p

Yeah, right........

Yeah, right........

I know you well enough to know there is nothing 'standard' about you. :p Now look.... people are going to start to talk. :eek: :D

Have you ever noticed how tall people always acknowledge each other even if they?ve never seen each other before in their lives?? It?s really sorta cool. :) Just shows you there's something special about us tall folks. :p

Twelves...... for real?? How'd you get such tiny feet?? :p My Ry is 6' 8".... he wears a 15 ½ ! :eek:

Gee, I wonder

Gee, I wonder

If Mary can take time away from her Warrior Princess gig to shout

"Thread Hijack"

Good one!

Good one!

I just love to hear you SHOUT!:D

Don't worry about the hijack, guys.:)

Tint feet......

Tint feet......

I have never been told I have tiny feet. However, it is obvious that as a fellow my size, ny feet are small compared to others. (No the old wives tale about size of hands and feet is not correct) HEHEHEHEHEHEHE;)

No back to Karlynn's post.....and you Rain, give us the good info........:D

Ben

Yikes! Now I?m blushing !!

Yikes! Now I?m blushing !!

I think Karlynn and I must be twins!! :eek: Matter of fact.... I bet every woman on the site has the same stats! :p :D

Wait....... what IS it they say about shoe size?? :p :p lol

Maybe we could all switch to a piccy of ourselves as our avatar for a weeks' trial :D ...

now I have to go search the web for a piccy of a 6 foot blonde buxom beauty :p

Rain said:
I think Karlynn and I must be twins!! :eek: Matter of fact.... I bet every woman on the site has the same stats! :p :D

Wait....... what IS it they say about shoe size?? :p :p lol

All valve women are stacked! That's a fact!

Rain - silly - big shoes------big feet. :)

Latest posts

Back