I want to join the US Army

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjrlax69

Hey guys I seem to be in a bit of tough situation and I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some info. I have already emailed a recruiter but I am always looking for as much information as possible.

My story is that I am a 19 year old college lacrosse player who recently under went OHS to repair my mitral valve. My surgery went beautifully and I no longer have any problems with my mitral valve and I am now with no physical restrictions. My question is does anyone know if the military will accept me? I now have a normal working heart and no murmur......if anyone can give me some info it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys I seem to be in a bit of tough situation and I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some info. I have already emailed a recruiter but I am always looking for as much information as possible.

My story is that I am a 19 year old college lacrosse player who recently under went OHS to repair my mitral valve. My surgery went beautifully and I no longer have any problems with my mitral valve and I am now with no physical restrictions. My question is does anyone know if the military will accept me? I now have a normal working heart and no murmur......if anyone can give me some info it would be greatly appreciated.[/]

How soon would you try to join? I think it would be wise to pass the one year mark before making the decision. What does your cardiologist say? I'm not sure if they consider a repair a long term guarantee of no future valve problems.
I think you should be prepared to show a letter from your cardiologist that you now have a normal working heart before you start the process with the Army.

Talk about a small world

Talk about a small world

By any chance are you Sjrlax10 on You Tube ...if you are you are the inspiration for Michael alias Ait4Life who is military (USAF) and had OHS in April /May and at your lead did a video blog http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?37854-BAVlogger!-)
Just goes to prove how small this planet is

My story is that I am a 19 year old college lacrosse player who recently under went OHS to repair my mitral valve. My surgery went beautifully and I no longer have any problems with my mitral valve and I am now with no physical restrictions. My question is does anyone know if the military will accept me? I now have a normal working heart and no murmur......if anyone can give me some info it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It will probably depend on a lot of things but I do have a friend who is an Army nurse. She did not have a valve problem but she did have a hole in her heart and another heart problem repaired just before she was commissioned. On the other hand my husband retired from the military and I have seen people medically separated or retired for very small medical reasons.

Natina and Duffey thanks for the info I am going to contact my cardio this week. I am planning to do ROTC so i would certainly have time to continue healing before actual basic training.

Greg- Yes thats me I am sorry to anyone who wants to see more vids as I will be uploading one this week. I am glad someone followed suit and I will contact him.

Swim- Thanks for the info, I am looking to go into the medical side of the army and work as a psychologist for our troops. Thanks everyone for the info I can always count on this community for quick and informative responses.

..................I am looking to go into the medical side of the army and work as a psychologist for our troops. Thanks everyone for the info I can always count on this community for quick and informative responses.

I am in contact with a gent who was just that in Ca. and lost his sternum to MRSA as did I with your permission I will try to let him know he is on FB my email is [email protected] if you want plug that into FB and maybe we can hook you up with Ron there

Latest posts

Back