I set my running baseline

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 Days to race day

12 Days to race day

I received the following email today:

Are you ready to run?

HOOAH!

Race Numbers – Louise (F48), your race number is 8996! (I registered on the first day, just past midnight) You can also find your number on the Army Ten-Miler Confirmation Page. Remember your number – you will need it to obtain your Bib and Race Packet at the Hotel. If you forget your number- names and race numbers will be posted at the HQ hotel on a board outside of the Grand Ballroom. It is important that you fill out the back of your race bib with your emergency contact information!

This next week will be hectic. I will need to finish some things at work, pack, confirm flights, etc. I always carry my shoes with me on the plane just in case my luggage gets losts. I've never had that happen to me and don't want to start now!

I ran the Silicon Labs Relay Marathon this past Sunday. I've never run a relay and I really liked it. I may have to find more of those here in TX. My team's finish time was 3:54:35.6, my time for the 7 miler was 1:06:42, 9:43 mile pace, not too shabby, the most difficult hill was behind the capital, almost straight up. Who'd a thought Austin race courses had several hills?:rolleyes: One lady passed me on a hill, said something to me(can't remember) and I said the hills were tough, she said it builds character, I told her it was weight training without weights.

Took my trusty straw with me to be able to drink as much water from the cups as possible without stopping or getting it all over me instead. It was warm, they had misters running at mile 3, I ran through that one. I passed that lady on a down hill at mile 5, and she caught up with me just as we got to mile 6. I picked up the pace the last mile and finished 3 minutes past my goal time of 1:03:00.

Just before the finish, they had hoses. You should have seen some of the men coming in and getting full blasts as they passed. I laughed the most just watching them. Kids brought soaker guns and were firing those at them too.:p:p I guess I can say I have run 5 marathons now. :)

I don't have pictures yet, there were a lot taken by other folks, once I have them, I'll post them.

Dear Louise,
I am so proud of your accomplishments and it is a reminder that we can do it and put fear aside! I did some 70 mile bike rides this past summer and shared the elation that your postings exude. Your determination and motivation are outstanding!
Allan

Took my trusty straw with me to be able to drink as much water from the cups as possible without stopping or getting it all over me instead.

Here's another trick to getting more water into your mouth. Just grip the cup at the top and make a fist to crush it so the opening is smaller. You then have sort of a spout to drink from. You spill a lot of it doing that but better to spill some on the ground than get it all down your front.

Yes, relay's are great fun! HENCE, you all need to attend our valve-athletes reunion and be a memeber of our marathon relay team, October 2009 in upstate NY...the Wineglass marathon. It is even more fun than a relay with "regular"runners!:)

I finally have some pics from the relay. My teammates sent me a group one, minus one runner, he left after he crossed the finish line. I'll load that as well. I'll have to ask the APD Running team if I can cut the sleeves off of the shirt, I can't stand sleeves. For the relay, we wore wrist bands and handed those off to the next runner waiting for us at the finish.

I ran this morning, it was in the 50s, light breeze, GORGEOUS! :D

View attachment 6384

This is Brian, Jonathan, and Fassi, Jesse was the 3rd runner but alas he did not stick around for the photo, he said he was cramping really bad so he left. He didn't know we wanted a group shot. I took off my t-shirt after the race.

These folks work in the traffic signal, public works dept. They needed a fifth runner for the team so I ran with them even though I'm on the APD Running team. Very nice people.

View attachment 6385

Very cool! Thanks for the pics! We've had our hard frost in upstate NY this weekend...COLD!

Latest posts

Back