I received my Mayo surgery packet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieS

In this surgery packet was a set of CDs by Health Journeys - Meditations to Promote Successful Surgery. By Belleruth Naparstek. It looks like the two cds are for playing before, during and after surgery. Has anyone else received this and has anyone actually used them?

I have not used them, but I do remember a few members who used them 8 or 9 years ago, and their comments were all favorable. I haven't heard much about them in several years, though.

Julie, yes, I received the same packet and no, I did not use the CD's, however, my husband listened to them! LOL!

Kim

I received them and listened to them. Frankly, they seemed a little silly to me, but then again my Mayo trip was a re-do, so I knew what to expect and, while I wasn't looking forward to it, I wan't nearly as anxious as the first time. I also found prayer more helpful than meditation.
For someone who is anxious, and who is not interested in prayer, the tapes may be helpful.

I used them leading up to my surgery as a friend had given them to me. I figured that it couldn't hurt and the focus of the CD was the goal of a 'positive' surgical outcome which I was all for! I, too appreciated all the prayers.

Latest posts

Back