I need Prayers for my sister Florence

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

My sister was admitted to Huntsville, Alamba Hospital on Monday because she couldn't breathe. They did an Angiogram and many other tests ( I don't know which tests they did yet, but I plan to find out) on Wednesday. They discovered both her Corotid Arteries are at least 80% blocked, her arteries in her legs are blocked (don't know the % yet, she has high blood pressure, high cholestorol and full blown diabetes. Thursday she was complaining that her stomach is hurting so they did a upper and lower GI. Today so far they have concluded she has CHF as she has uncontrollable coughing and can't breathe. They also thought it could be her valves.

I started thinking that she possibly has an Aortic Anerysm. I know Aortic Anersyms have been discussed quite a bit here. Could someone give me some more info so I can share it with my family in Alabama. I want to know exactly what I'm talking about, so that they could ask questions to the doctor.

One of my sisters that lives down there said the doctors want to operate sometime later today, but she doesn't know for sure on what. ( I will find out later). I would appreciate prayers that her outcome is good. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

My sister was admitted to Huntsville, Alamba Hospital on Monday because she couldn't breathe. They did an Angiogram and many other tests ( I don't know which tests they did yet, but I plan to find out) on Wednesday. They discovered both her Corotid Arteries are at least 80% blocked, her arteries in her legs are blocked (don't know the % yet, she has high blood pressure, high cholestorol and full blown diabetes. Thursday she was complaining that her stomach is hurting so they did a upper and lower GI. Today so far they have concluded she has CHF as she has uncontrollable coughing and can't breathe. They also thought it could be her valves.

I started thinking that she possibly has an Aortic Anerysm. I know Aortic Anersyms have been discussed quite a bit here. Could someone give me some more info so I can share it with my family in Alabama. I want to know exactly what I'm talking about, so that they could ask questions to the doctor.

One of my sisters that lives down there said the doctors want to operate sometime later today, but she doesn't know for sure on what. ( I will find out later). I would appreciate prayers that her outcome is good. Thank you.

Praying for a good outcome now.

Thanks to everyone that posted with prayers so far. It will be a while before I hear anything. I've been researching Aortic Anerysm. I want to be able to explain to my family members in Alabama about aortic anerysms, so they can question the doctor about it. My sister Florence isn't one to go to the doctor when she has medical problems. So her syptoms have probably been there for a while. I will post when I know what it is the doctors are going to do. Thanks again.

Lorraine, You and Yours Have My Prayers also

Lorraine, You and Yours Have My Prayers also

I am sending out my deepest and strongest prayers for you and your sister and families. Harrybaby

Lorraine,

My most positive thoughts go out to your sister and family. If you haven't done so, I recommend going to the top of the page, hitting search and entering aortic aneurysm. I'm sure you'll find some very helpful information.

Best,

Jeff

sorry to hear about your sister, it must be hard on you being so far away and relying on others to get information. You are all in my thoughts, and best wishes for a good outsome.

Try wikipedia for aortic aneurism.

I found out through one of my sisters(Gerri) who lives here, that they are going to operate on my sister florence on Monday. Gerri thinks they are going to start with her Carotid Artery and stent it. Gerri didn't know what was going on with Florences pains in the stomach as the sister in Alabama that they talked to didn't mention it. Gerri did say they took Florence off the valium they were giving her so that she would start eating again. Her blood sugar is real low. The valium was making her constantly upchuck. I tried not to be real graphic here.

I did look in the previous post doing a search for Aortic Anerysm. I did also looked it up on wikipedia too. Good information. I could be off base about that but I just think it is something else that the doctors should check out on her.

I plan to call and talk to one of my nieces later today to find out some more answers myself. I will keep you all posted. Thank you to everyone for the prayers.

Back