I made it!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny!
It is great to see you post!!! You made iy to the other side of the mountain!. As others have said, take it easy, listen to the doctor's recommendations and 'one day at at time'.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Hey Danny!
Glad to hear you are on the other side!....rest and let us know (when you can), how things are going..and don't be afraid to push that pain button......

Linda

Danny my friend I am happy to hear from you! Coming home with all your original parts too! Bonus!
Back a while you asked me what the toughest part of the whole thing was and we talked. Now you didn't ask what a few of the close seconds were. when your up to a little more humor contact me and we can compare notes. One thing particular came to mind today.
Again, very glad to hear you are progressing well, now take it easy, eat, sleep plenty, exercise as you can, and above all, milk it a little brother, you've earned it!
Heal well.

Rob

Danny:

I was thinking about you and was so glad to hear it went well, and now to see you back online so soon -that's a double treat. How fast does it feel like that truck was going?:)

Great to see you posting danny. Now rest up. You are going to need all that strength for getting better. Sleep when you need to. Walk when you can. And listen to the doctors. Hope to talk to you soon. Take care.

Thanks for posting Danny! Now go back to sleep and rest.

We are all so glad that you are doing so well and we'll be here when the post-op issues come. But we wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

hugs ( )

Finally, even with all the people coming in and out, I had a great nights sleep. They come about every hour to do some different test on you. Anyway, the Texas Heart Institute is a great place, i would recommend it to anyone. The whold cardiac staff is great. Surgery went well, except that he had to harvest a vein from my groin area, because he was putting one back onto the dacron graft, and he said it was weak and tore...I think the leg incision hurts worse than the chest. I have to say it was really tight at first, but i hope it continues to go smoothly. I get to take my first shower today! And we are going to a class at 11 for recovering heart surgery patients. Ill post later...bye. Danny

Danny, if you really love your sleep, kindly ask that they leave you to last for blood draws or whatever. They always seem to do those at 4AM..:eek:

I've heard on more than one occasion of the groin being more painful than the bypass.

Goodluck to you and take it easy, easy, easy. You wanna be among the 'time heals all wounds', not 'time wounds all heels'..:D I know, corny.

So glad to see you posting & knowing that you are doing so well! :) You will feel even better after your first shower!

Hope you get to go home real soon. Take care now!

P.S. and yes, THI is the BEST!!! :)

Good to hear from you and glad you are now on the other side. I would be curious to know if it was as bad as you thought - when you have time to think about it. Of course during recovery that answer might depend on the day. Follow the Dr.'s orders and hope you are feeling much much better soon.

Rhena

Danny, so glad things went well and you're on the road to recovery. It took me about 10 days in the hospital before I knew I could ask them to not wake me up all night long for breathing treatments, etc. That 4:00 am sponge bath killed me! They started leaving me for last and some mornings I got to sleep until 6:00 am! Take it easy and don't get frustrated because recovery takes time. I'm 3 months post op now and finally feel like me again except for some numbness still in my chest. Let your body heal properly and don't push it!

Hi Danny,

Great to hear from you! relax, and most of all, follow the doctors orders. Don't rush things, and let the healing process take its course. There will be times that you will feel that you can do a lot more, but don't.. just follow the docs guidelines and you will come back strong!

All the best...

Rob

Latest posts

Back