I have a date for AVR (well almost)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acr

Hi All,

I've not posted since my initial barrage of questions on having been diagnosed as needing an AVR.

Anyway, had a CT scan yesterday. Phone call today from hospital asking if I'm available for surgery on March 19th. Silence on the phone from me, followed by "Yes".

I should point out I've not seen the surgeon yet, that was planned for March 16th, and still is. I was kind of expecting "we'll get you done in a couple of months". So I'm a little shocked to be up for OHS next week, but I guess I should be positive as it's getting done sooner rather than later. Of course your brain does overtime and you think what have they seen on the CT (I forgot to ask).

Anyway put me on the calendar!

Ade

Ade, I know that feeling. I was totally shocked when my cardio first told me I needed surgery, and once you're given a date, it all becomes a hundred times scarier. But the sooner the better, because as everyone says, the waiting is the hardest part. I hope you have enough time to prepare and get yourself and your loved ones ready. I'll be getting my surgery at the end of the month, and I have a big list of things still left to do. At least thinking about the preparation keeps my mind off the surgery.

Good luck. I'm sure everything will work out.

That phone call is like reality slapping you upside the head is it not? I think Johnny Stephens summed it up best by saying it was kind of like playing a card game and suddenly the bluff was called or something similiar. I know a whole host of feelings hit you hard right then and there.

That phone call is like reality slapping you upside the head is it not? I think Johnny Stephens summed it up best by saying it was kind of like playing a card game and suddenly the bluff was called or something similiar. I know a whole host of feelings hit you hard right then and there.

Yep it gives you focus I'll say that. I'm actually ok about it right now (this could change!). It needs sorting come what may, as my condition is life limiting. So getting it fixed is a no-brainer. I've read comments from other folks that the waiting is the worst, glad I have a short wait!

Ade

Yep it gives you focus I'll say that. I'm actually ok about it right now (this could change!). It needs sorting come what may, as my condition is life limiting. So getting it fixed is a no-brainer. I've read comments from other folks that the waiting is the worst, glad I have a short wait!

Ade

Yes it is the worst. I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, now that you know, live it up as much as you can afford too. Enjoy yourself like no other time in your life. Recover is long and hard, so why not take advantage of some self indulgence while you can really enjoy it. Of course, save some for after recovery too, but all this will help keep your mind off of it. ;)

Latest posts

Back