I cant sleep!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too had trouble sleeping post op for a few weeks. I had no idea there were so m many late night talk shows until then. My sleeping gradually improved as I came off pain meds., especially the Percoset. That did all sorts of things to my mind - awful stuff for me. Once I was off that and doing longer walks during the daytime, sleeping was definately improved.

well personally I think its just anxiety.

As long as the brain is oxygenated you aren't dead. I used to ponder if the mind could subconsciously somehow recall the pain of the surgery (after all lots is done to you), but concluded that the drugs block the receptors so its like your camera not having film in it (or a memory card) when you take a great picture. There just isn't any record of it.

The rest (or lack of rest) is all just the mind. At the risk of sounding like a budist monk, try some relaxation and contemplation meditation. Calm your mind.

While I was rasied a Catholic I have studied Buddhism and some Shintoism and found many of the techniques taught in there address deeper spiritual aspects of the brain that christian religions today seem to ignore (and instead intellectualize everything).

give it a go ... might help you sleep better

I cant sleep!

I suffered terrible anxiety at night, as well as night terrors and hallucinations. When I came off the meds it slowed down. Anxiety is common, I had my wife remind me all was well, hold my hand and reassure. It's normal try to do what you can and don't be afraid to get up and break the routine. Good luck. :)

Back