I am Still Kicking! Lisa

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hey Everyone,

I so appreciate your emails and postings on me and your prayers have been felt. The truth is they don't know really what is wrong and calling it a bad viral infection that I am just having a heck of a time getting over. Unfortunately my younger sister with Cancer the one who lives in Chicago also has this and she maybe going into the hospital. I worry for her. I believe this is the longest I have been off the computer in a long long time.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you this is the first time I have been out of bed in 5 days. I did find out that there is a cyst on my kidney nothing serious they will just watch it and go in for periodic checks to make sure it is not growing. I also found out that I will know a week from tomorrow from the selection committee about whether or not I am listed for the double lung transplant. There are no more tests. So the whole two years has boiled down to this time next week. These are one of those times I would have loved to call my mom, she would be nervous and excited with me..ect... All the what if?s, if they say Yes, what if they say no... No use doing that I guess. Now, I just need to stay out of the hospital for a while and shake this thing.
I appreciate your love and concern. Hopefully I will be able to get up a bit more tomorrow.

Love
Lisa

Keep Kicking

Keep Kicking

Hey Lisa, glad to see you check in here. This must be a very anxious time for you with the upcoming news next week. I'm pulling for you to have the best outcome possible! To also have to fight the viral thing must also make it hard.

We're all behind you here, and I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Johnny

Hey, Lisa - that viral infection can really be bad - had one and it hung on and hung on for a long time. It was going around this area like wildfire. And if your lungs have a problem to begin with, it's harder. Please stay warm and toasty and get well. I am sure you are very anxious about next week and my prayers are for good decisions on the part of your doctors. I sure understand how you would love to talk with Mother - Mothers always just know the right things to say to settle us, don't they? Just her voice could help. Listen for it in your head and it will be there. God bless

Though it's not the same thing, I would hope that you would consider us family and continue to share your ups and downs. You know how we folk are! Get well my friend and do let us know what the committee has to say. :)

Lisa,
Ross is right, we all are like family here. I know it isn't the same as having your mother here to help support you through this, but we all care very much what is going on in your life. Please let us know what the committee says. I'll be praying for you every step of the way.

Take Care!
Gail

hi lisa!
so sorry to her that you are feeling lousy....it must be some bug to be dragging on gfor this long!
please let us know what the committee says.
in the meantime we are all here for you.
you are in our thoughts. be well, sylvia

thank you Family

thank you Family

You are all so great! I think I am actually moving forward it feels like it is moving from my head to my chest. Two days ago my head felt like it weighed 10 pounds and couldn't hardly breath but today it is more congested (which would be a bad thing) but I can actually breath better and it feels like it is moving into my chest. So hopefully at this rate it will keep going down down and out. hahha

You guys are like family and I am so happy I have you all to talk to, you have been a life saver. Thanks so much for being there. Could definately use a good movie to watch this afternoon.

Love
Lisa

Hey Lisa:

I thought your posting about speaking with your Mom to be so interesting. I am the SO to a wonderful man, who has had two valves replaced (Oct. 2001). He has not been as fortunate as others on the site, as he continues to have problems, which contricute to his CHF.

I remember well when he was scheduled for surgery. At that time my Mom had been gone for about three years. I recall even saying to my husband that I wished I could just call her....even though we weren't super close. During that whole process, we were all so very concerned about my husband, and I guess I felt I needed someone who would be concerned about me......Our Mom's are such special people to us. My son-in-law has told me (he is a flight officer) that when a plane/jet is crashing, generally the last words before the crash the pilots are calling out for their mothers. So, I think the feeling is totally normal, when we are in trouble, we go to our Mom's.

Best wishes for the coming week. - Marybeth

To Marybeth:

To Marybeth:

I think that is such interesting psychology about the fighter pilots last words wanting their mothers. There was also a lot of talk about that during the 911 disaster. I know they showed a lot of people calling their spouses but they did another show and a lot more of them were calling their parents specifically their mothers. There is this invisable umbilical cord that stretches time and space that keeps us connected to our creators and life givers and I think that is most obvious with the connections to our mothers and to God. Good analogy. Thanks

To all of you

To all of you

You have all been such a help and so so understanding I barely know what to say. I do feel better to day (which is scary, does that make sense) It is like I don't want to get my hopes up to only have them let down again and get sick again. I want to get out of bed and live life again. Your all right about my mom too, I am going to listen for her in my head that is the best suggestion, I am also going to pray that I have a dream of her. My sister is feeling a little better also. God bless all of you.

Lisa

((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))) hugs

((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))) hugs

I can not imagine going through what you are but will pray for you. My mom was found dead 2 years ago and I have not gotten over it and probably never will.

I try to feel her but sometimes it seems it is impossible.

I am so thankful I started posting here because everyone is so kind and understanding along with being very knowledgeable.

Keep on keeping on sweetie

My mother died of cancer 2-1/2 years ago. As I was cleaning out her house afterwards, I talked with one of the neighbors, telling them that I was just inside talking to my mom. The neighbor thought I was nuts, but I meant no more than what this thread has turned to.
My father went quickly almost ten years ago, and my constant thought for quite some time afterwards was that I wanted to call and talk to him. I can't tell that I felt any different after the loss of father or mother.

When giving birth to my first child, back in the olden days when they knocked you out the moment you walked into the hospital, I remember waking myself up from this drugged sleep, calling for my mother.

As I grow older, I look more like her every day and all I have to do is look in the mirror and there she is. I feel her presence a lot in my life. But there are things I want to tell her. My little sister feels the same, so we just call each other to tell.

Lisa, You know how much I love you and am praying for you. I know how you feel about wanting to talk to your Mother, My Mom and Dad have been dead for over 6 years and not a day goes by that I dont call out for them. There is nothing like a Mothers love.

You get well quick so we can have a heart to heart. Dont make me fly to Texas and get you straight! You WILL be listed for the transplant, I feel it in my bones. I will be there for you as you were for me.

Love ya girl!!

Parents

Parents

Lisa, we all maintain our close ties with our parents, long after they're gone. My mom is still giving me support in this, even after her A-fib, CHF and pacer. My dad, though, has been gone 15 years. I still talk with him, asking his advice and even debating things with him. He will be with me forever. I know that because every morning when I look in the mirror, I see him looking back at me.

Keep your mom with you ever. As our parents told us, so we tell our children, "I shall be there for you always."

God be with you always, too.

SteveE

The Ties That Bind Us

The Ties That Bind Us

It is so amazing to me that technology has allowed a group of people with common denominators together and have alloweed them to hold each other up when needed. Your all wonderful and I am so glad that we can all be here for each other.

Ali, You know i love you and you have a long hard road ahead get strong girl, stay strong you deserve a great life.

All the rest of the family,
You all deserve great lives and live long and peacefully. I pray that for all of us. We maybe missing parents, or spouses or children or even beloved pets, but we do have each...Thank God almighty we have each other!

Feeling good today that is what I am focusing on, that and part 2 of American Idol! Pretty funny last night

Lisa

Lisa, I have been a member of this forum since about April 2000. During that time there have been folks from all over the globe who have come in and we have formed a bond that cannot be found anywhere else on the net that I know of. We can voice our opinions, emotions, health issues, and kid around. It's just like talking to your family, you know? Yet, I have never met, in person, even one member. Now, that's something, isn't it.

Getting Together

Getting Together

Maybe we should fix that, I mean never meeting people that you share so intimately with, or is that what makes it so safe? I don't know for sure. My husband and I ran a support group for 10 years for parents whose children died in sudden accidents and I can tell you this much the common bond that brings people together is so strong that chruches didn't have as good attendance as we did. Are there a lot of us that would like to meet in some netural zone, maybe a yearly get together at a retreat for a weekend. We could have a speaker or two and break into small groups. I used to give speeches so I would voulteer to give the first speech on say "Perserverance" Let me know what you all think. We could plan far enough in advance to help everyone.

Lisa

hi Lisa

Looks like your better.:) Guess there has been somthing going around. I had a raspy throat that then went to my lungs and coughing episodes. Its gone, thank God. I can't imagine what it would be like for you. I thought about it and just shook my head in amazement how well you seem to handle it.

I thought about your nickname for Alicia and smiled. Good name for a fighter, don't you think?

A STORY-- My brother-in-law was shot down in Viet nam and had to eject from his fighter aircraft. His parachute got hung up on some type of tree and he hung there 20-30 ft.. He cut himself loose and plunged to the ground and was unconsious. I asked him what he did when he came to, and he said "I called out, MAMA and then took out my pistol and triggered my homing devise.( notice first called mama). thinking of you:)

to mamsram:

to mamsram:

Wow that is an incrediable story! How true to that when we fall down or are hurt we want our mom's no matter how old we are. Let's hear it for Mothers all over!!

Never thought about it but Ali's nickname your right what better name for a great fighter!

Lisa

Latest posts

Back