Hrt

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine susan

I'm just wondering how others have addressed this issue when taking coumadin. After the last study results indicating that HRT can increase risk of Alzheimer's, I finally stopped cold turkey. My daughter (a med stdent) has been after me since last summer after the first study results. My father had Alzheimer's and I sure hope to avoid that. Anyway, I am only noticing a slower appetite, mild hot flashes (which is one reason I went on HRT in the first place), and some mood alterations (not necessarily a bad thing). Anyway, I was looking at herbal replacements, noting that they all contain black cohash and red clover--some with Vitamin E and other ingredients--vitamin & herbal. Question, does anyone out there take any of these and if so what is the effect? Do they affect your INR? Should they affect the INR? Mine is pretty stable and I don't want to mess that up. I get tested about once a month, and my latest INR had dropped a whole point (but still within range) just about one month after stopping the HRT. One may have nothing to do with the other though. At any rate, any thoughts or experiences? Thanks! Susan :cool:

I did hear the progestrin cream alone is used with no Coumadin interaction. Have not tried it yet. Something to look into.

The estrogen pills also put you at increased risk of a blood clot in your legs.

Latest posts

Back