How often do you test?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Cool

I finally got approved by my insurance to get an InRatio testing unit. My cardio has me set up for once a week testing. Is that typical? I was being tested once a month at the lab. Is he doing it more fequently because its easier now? I have been consistant in my INR readings, so there is no concern with that. What say you?

I home test every 10 days - 2 weeks unless I make dosage changes and then I test again in one week.

Every week or 2 weeks. I'm not to strict with myself if I'm in range.

I test weekly. However if my INR suddenly varies a lot, I would test a couple of times a week.
A lot depends on how stable your INR proves to be - mine can be stable for a month or two, then suddenly shoot up for no obvious reason.

Usually once every 10-15 days. i am kind of laid back with it, if a good deal out of range or suspect may be will test weekly.

mike

Weekly for us....what a pain not having our coaguchek to use.....waiting on insurance for the inratio......Tyce is not always in range,so we'd rather be safe than sorry.

ev

Hi Ev,

How is your ins process going?

Would you beleive I was turned down! My INS covers home testing units and supplies. The "loop phole" out for them......
My last three INR's were NOT in range. Beware if Tyce is not stable. So I was denied! Ummmmm.....what more reason to have the unit in the first place! Shame on me for having a bad month! :rolleyes: So...I guess it's not "medically necessary" to check my INR according to them. Lab draws around here are billed at 100 bucks a pop. So I could cost them $400+ a month for life vrs. the unit and $20 a month. Nuts! We will obviously appeal. Oh....and my next three WILL be in range! LOL

Gina:

I had been relatively stable for a long time, so I went 1 month between tests.
My test last Friday was 5.4. I can handle that, but it did teach me not to assume that because I've been stable I will continue to be stable.
Will go back to testing every 7-10 days.

Wish insurance companies would realize that and learn they'd $ave money and we'd be healthier with home testing.

I test every 2 weeks and I am always within my range. How boring ,huh?:D

I test about once a month unless I get some really low tests. I've been pretty steady since last January.

I test once a week only because I can. I have an INRATIO machine and I LOVE it.. I am the only patient my GP has that home tests... Took me awhile to calm his nerves about home testing..had to prove myself..that I knew what I was doing. Prior to getting my machine I went in monthly if in range and every week or every other week if I was out of range.

I home test every 3 weeks..Cardio's nurse wants me to call in my results.once a month(she rx's my warfarin)....so, I like to know the results a week before..I am normally in range. Never low, sometimes a tad high.. so, I just eat more greens. My range is 2.5-3.5.....Bonnie

Twice a month for me

Twice a month for me

I test about twice a month these day.

Keeps me in the know about what my body is doing with the meds and the INR.

Hank

Latest posts

Back