How low did you go?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PT

PT

Hi Marsha
The first one was the hardest. I had to do it several yrs ago when I had blood clot in my leg. The second one was easier.
My daughter the Rn will be home tonight I give her the job.

Sherrin Hutt
Valve repair5/99
Valve replacement3/02

Still low

Still low

Hi Marsha,
I am still low 1.2 today, yesterday it was 1.3 then back down I am on 10mg of wafarin and injection every 12 hrs. Thank God for insurance this preloaded needled are very costly. I gave myself an injection yesterday an I think I hit a vein becauce it made me sick as a dog. Supposed to retest on sunday and call Dr. on call. I am really looking forward to explaining to the the Dr. on call my PT history.

SHerrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/03

Sherrin

Sherrin

It takes 3 DAYS to get a different reading on your INR......You tested again today and Sunday? NO..Monday it would show up different.:) You need to wait...Who in the world is telling you to test so often?Bonnie

Sherrin,

I was on the Lovenox for a couple of weeks in January and the factory pre-loaded syringes did not cause massive bruises but the ones filled by the pharmacy for my use at home caused large eggplant colored bruises.

Weeks later I had a "wrap" at a spa and when the lady removed my towel she involuntarily gasped and by that time everything was starting to fade. I still have some darkened areas that look like stains.

I sure hope your INR stabelizes for you real soon. With your history it is so important to stay well anti-coagulated. When is your daughter due to be home?

John (Al) 1:5 The light shines in (on) the darkness (bruise) , and the darkness (bruise) has not overcome it (but it maketh the therapist gasp). May God have mercy on my soul!

The reason that the syringes that the pharmacy made caused bruising is that there was some Lovenox on the outside of the needle. If you use the prefilled ones and do not blow the little bubble out (causing the active ingredient to run down the outside of the syringe) you will get less bruising.

PT

PT

MY cardiologist is controling what is going one but I don't think they have a clue what they are doing. I know enough that it takes three days for wafarin increase to kick in but the real problem I have is that we rill don't know what is causing this.
I read in another thread of this sight that should check my playets. I have problems with this before I had the valve replace>
THat is when I had my second stroke.Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks for your input.

Sherrin

You are right, Sherrin. You need to find out what is causing this.

Since I had the mesenteric embolus in January I require 2mg more of coumadin a day to maintain the same INR. Up from 3mg to 5mg. Maybe everything is just working better.

How do you feel in general? How often do you usually test?

PT

PT

HI Betty,
Well, it will be 2yrs since my valve replacement on 2/21. Had I have been testing once a week or more depending on the PT.
I am like you I have brusies all over my tummy. I am just glad it happen the first of this week not last, because I fell backwards offa bar stool and hit my head on my cherry dining table . And I still have a huge bump from it. I feel Ok I guess, sometimes my valve sounds funny. Not the normal tick-tick-ticking that usual drives me crazy. I think if I had to do over again I would not have the mechanial valve it is such pain. But I guess that just life, I'll have to deal with it. I Guess life could be alot worse.Thanks for your input.

Sherrin Hutt
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

The lowest mine got was 1.9 while taking coumadin regularly.
It got to 1.6 when I went off it for 3 days prior to having my wires removed.
It has been much more stable since I adjust the dose myself.
Gail

PT

PT

Hi Betty
Well, today I have another problem. Has anyone out there got an infection from taking your pt. Well this morning I woke up to a swollen finger red and painful. This all from a a little in hole.
I always wash my hands while the machine is warming up. The primary Dr. want me to start antibodic but the Cardiologist wants me to wait. Well today my pt was 1.4 and they called in a new script for more lovenox shots. FUN! FUN!!!! It just keeps getting better!:D I have to laugh to keep myself from going crazy!
:confused: What to do in this case! My daughter thinks I should wait 12 hrs. and use warm compresses and antibodic cream first.
I guess I'll try this first? Everyone have a great Day!

Sherrin
Valve 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

PT

PT

Hi Al,
Well I went to the hematologist today and he was like you. Have not heard of any new medication tother the Extania that you have already mention. He said they have not tested on people with valves though. So npw he going to take care my INR control. Mm Inr was 3.6 today. He thinks it is the Crestor that is causing me need more wafarin to get it were it should be. I am now down to 7mg. a day. Thanks for all you help. Hope you are still doing well from your surgery.

Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02 :D

Back