How long were you in A-Fib

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some kind of a-fib issue the day after surgery. I was out long enough for the room to have MANY people in it when I woke up. It earned me a 3 day stay in the ICU. I don't think I'm in it now--the way people talk about it it sounds like I would know. I had 2 tachy episodes later--the day before I came home. (I was worried that I wouldn't be sprung.)

What are your symptoms with this problem? What does it feel like is happening?
I only have another weeks' worth of amiodarone left, then they expect I won't be on it.
Should I worry about traveling an hour away from the hospital next week to spend a few days with my family?
CatDog
Symptoms vary. For what I had, it knocked the wind out of me and I knew something was very wrong. But I have a relative who was in and out of it for years and had various treatments that helped for awhile but eventually he was in A-fib for too long and now he is in it constantly -- but he can't tell he's in it -- he's on anticoagulatants so he's been told he's okay because he's protected from possible subsequent stroking clots by being on ACT. Hoping you'll be fine :)

Symptoms vary. For what I had, it knocked the wind out of me and I knew something was very wrong. But I have a relative who was in and out of it for years and had various treatments that helped for awhile but eventually he was in A-fib for too long and now he is in it constantly -- but he can't tell he's in it -- he's on anticoagulatants so he's been told he's okay because he's protected from possible subsequent stroking clots by being on ACT. Hoping you'll be fine :)

I am assuming that the A-Fib problems never occurred before surgery. Why I ask is I see some posters indicating they had this condition before surgery .

I had a few bouts of SVT up until 6 months post-op. One trip to the hospital, they considered cardio conversion in the emergency, then I went back onto rhythm on my own. Thank goodness!

Back