How long does it take to recover from mechanical valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello rufus. 9 weeks passed after my surgery but like you i have not fully recovered. i still get tired going up stairs and not different from pre op situation but my doc said it takes at least 6 months. i think i willbe fine and feel stronger, still waiting.

I had aortic valve replacement on 9/23 so I'm 2 weeks into recovery. This is my second mechanical valve and have been on coumadin since 1977. I can honestly say a little fluctuation on my INR has not bothered me. I have always felt it is a small price to pay for having an opportunity for a relatively normal life. We all have up's and down's from surgery and everyone is different in what that looks like. But, at the end of the day complications can be dealt with and you can keep on breathing and living. A bad valve left untreated leads to a shortened life. I believe God has a plan for all of us. Choose to never give up your spirit. Take action any action to work on your complications. Your experience, like so many on this web-site has the opportunity to help someone else. So hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

My INR still jumps around and I am almost two years out in November, I don't even worry about it to much now. I get mine checked every three weeks, but after nine months I was going every other week. It was always to low to high. I know how you feel at 9mnths. The time you are going through is some of the worst. You are far along enough but again you have not make a year yet. Give yourself some more time. Excersise as much as you can by at least walking 20-30 minutes a day. It gets better I promise. You learn to deal with INR, and you are in that depression state right now, which is very common with OHS. Might want to talk to your doctor about how you feel, but your INR will adjust soon, so hang in there and Thank God for where you are and how far you have come. Your body has been through a lot! give it some credit. Take Care!

Rufus,just want to say hello and welcome,
Had aortic repl.mech.16 years ago and
soon mvr my native for mechanical.
First surgery took me 6 weeks to recover 16 years ago
and 16 years older now for next one.......HMMM could
take me along time (LOL) were all different in healing
and times differ for all of us.Nice to meet you and
see more of your postings.......later

zipper2 (DEB)

Latest posts

Back