Home testing Which is best

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave S

I got with QAS and they sent me info on the Pro Time and the CoaguCheck.

Which machine is easyer to use and with less blood.

I went to my cardio and they used the Pro Time it wasent bad but seemed to use alor of blood.

I have the INRatio. Did they not send info on that one? I find it to be very easy, hard to mess up if you use the capillary tubes to collect the blood. It also does a self-test every time you turn it on.

I know a lot of other have both the machines you mentioned so I am sure you will hear from them.

We've had both machines, and IMHO I love our Coaguchek.....I think it's more accurate, uses less blood and is easier than the Protime. Good luck with your decision.

Evelyn

I have the Protime one, but am looking into getting the InRatio one as it seems to use less blood.

perrybucsdad said:
I have the Protime one, but am looking into getting the InRatio one as it seems to use less blood.
Seems nothing! It does use a whole lot less. One miniscule little drop vs 3 nice big drops for protime.

INRatio vs. Coaguchek

INRatio vs. Coaguchek

I've had seven good years with my Coaguchek. Recently I purchased an INRatio because I believe it is an upgrade. It has built in controls and its thromboplastin is ISI 1.0 vs. Coaguchek 2+. These are both important advantages. I have also found the INRatio just as user friendly as my Coaguchek. I originally looked at the Protime but found it to use too much blood and the cup could not be filled with capillary tubes. It needed a big hanging drop.

Ross said:
Seems nothing! It does use a whole lot less. One miniscule little drop vs 3 nice big drops for protime.

3 big drops for the low volume testeres, and about 5 for the regular ones. I normally use the regular ones since they don't faily as much.

I suppose that, since I learned to drive on a standard-shift 1965 International Harvester Travelall (similar to a Chevy Suburban) without power steering or power brakes, it explains why I haven't had any problems using the ProTime 3. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Actually, I haven't found it to be a problem. Don't know about using capillary tubes... I've never seemed to have a problem getting those ol' droplets into that cup.

Still haven't mastered the trick of being ambidextrous -- being able to get blood sample from fingers on either hand. Being right-handed, I still subject my fingers on my left hand to the old vampire Tenderlett.

Thanks for all of the replys I went to my cardio today and he is now using the Coaguchek he switch from the ProTime man what a difference one drop of blood and you are done.

I have been working with QAS they are doing all of the paper work I am going with the Coaguchek since my cardio uses this one I will let you know when I get it.

Hi Dave

I'm sure you'll like it!!! We love ours a whole lot more than the Protime......Good luck with it.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back