Holter Monitor and coughing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barb

I had my 1 year (plus a couple of months) check up yesterday at CC. The echo looked good but when I described having some palpitations, the doctor ordered a 48 hour holter monitor which I'm wearing now and can take off tomorrow afternoon. Last night I developed a nasty cough along with the cold I had. I'm wondering if the frequent coughing will mess up the test. I plan to tell the lab when I return the monitor that I have been coughing a lot. I know the monitor has caught a few palpitations but I feel like my heart rate is affected by the coughing spells and want to be careful to make sure it's interpereted correctly.

Did you get a little diary or journel to record what you are doing thruout the day? If you did, when you have alot of coughing I would write that down, I wouldn't write each time you cough, but when you have big coughing event for lack of a better word.
Then at the top of the diary I would make a note that you coughed alot while it was on.

Latest posts

Back