Hip Revision Surgery 6 Mo Post AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobNDenver

Dear All,

I haven't been around much, since I got my INR stable and bounced back from my AVR this September. April Fool's Day we had about 2 feet of snow that I had to clear from the drive since my wife can't handle the snow blower just now. Got the drive and walks done, and the next morning I could not walk. Tears in my eyes and excruciating pain in my right hip, which had been replaced in 2006. Called the doc and learned that 1) my hip implant was the subject of a recall and is defective. Pain means it will have to come out, and be replaced with a new implant . . . the sooner the better.

So, I went off Coumadin three days before surgery scheduled for April 6, and had the procedure done. The surgeon told me that he "tapped" the cup in my pelvis once and it fell out into his hand. I now have a new hip redux, and am 7 days post op. I went back on Coumadin the night of the operation with 10 MG, then back to my normal routine of 4.5 & 5 mgs the next day. . . They bridged me with Lovenox 40 for seven days, but I had an INR on Friday April 10 and I was at my desired INR of 2.5.

Seems like OHS was not much of a factor at all in this subsequent surgery. I think I really lucked out here.

Yep. The manufacturer agrees not to sell that part any longer and fix any issues that come up as a result of its design defect. . . Nederland is about 25 miles west of where I am. Beautiful little town surrounded by the Arapahoe National Forest. . .

Latest posts

Back