Hidden Peril in a Club Sandwich

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Stephens

I've replied often on this site about how little taking Coumadin has effected my life. I fly R/C model planes as a hobby, and they have sharp-edged propellers that can reach 15,000+ rpm. I'm just careful. I'm considering taking up helicopters, but since I've had non-Coumadining friends get hurt with theirs, I'm weighing that decision carefully. I shave with a blade...a triple-edged one, as a matter of fact. I'm probably going to buy a Harley here in a month or two...so as you can see, I don't let the Coumadin slow me down too much.

Little did I know.

Today we went out for a late lunch at a well-known national chain restaurant, and I ordered my favorite triple-decker club sandwich. A minute or two after I started chowing down, my little girl gets a horrified look on her face and points at my face shrieking "Eeeewwwww!" :eek: Just then I felt moisture on my chin and running down my neck. It was blood, and it was a good 10 minutes before I could get it stopped. Before I became a spectacle, I excused myself to the restroom, where I figured out what happened. To make it more manageable, they cut this sandwich into 4 triangles, and pin the layers together with a really long toothpick with a frilly thing on the end.

I forgot to take out the toothpick, and stabbed myself real good in the chin. :D

The toothpick has no food value, so why are you eating them. :p

I hate to admit it, but I've done that too. OUCH

And we thought. . .

And we thought. . .

Johnny - There used to be a joke about that, one that all of us who are of Polish descent had to endure!

You're an honorary Polak!

Harley Time

Harley Time

Johnny, See your mention of buying a Harley soon...what one? I am chomping at the bit to get mine out and continue putting the miles on it...those 57 miles in November just whetted my appetite.

Latest posts

Back