Hi from Brazil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... But it was a false hope. The diagnostic of stenosis still there. But, now he that we have two ecos, he also agrees I need to get a biological valve. I dont know if I can trust him, but Im seeng as much doctors as my health care permits.

Until now the game is bio 2 x 1 mecanic.

You are doing what all patients should do. Most patients haven't a clue when approaching OHS and too many just accept what is told to them as gospal. If you have other doctors agree on the procedure and best valve for your situation.......you've done your own investigation and that's all you can do. The majority of members on this forum ARE NOT physicians and we are here to help you make an educated decision when making a decision that will affect your life from now on. By doing what you have done should give you confidence that you are making the correct decision. Good luck to you and stick around this form.......we need your perspecstive.

Thanks, man.
Its my life, I'll fight for it with my best. But, I know that in the right hour I cant do nothing but lay in the table and get cutted.
I have a friend doctor but hes not even close to know something as far as complex like OHS, he told me just that INRs are tottaly safe, and here in Brazil they are very, but very very cheap. Money here is aways something to think. Im a public worker, here we cant be fired - only if doing something terrible wrong - but I got to think in a long term. Because the payd health care plans are getting worse and expensive and the free public care exists but there are big lines of waiting and they use procedures that are like 30 years old.

Its hard have all those in mind and also have to manege family and work. To explain to everyone whats goin with my heart is also anguishing.
This place helps me to know Im not alone. I hope that I can help others with the same feelings in the future, but now Im the patient.
Thank you all.

Is exaggerated

Especially at your age

Again...
I'm very inclined to mechanical at this moment. But I'll talk to one more cardiologist and one more time with the surgeon to see wich valve is that, becouse I only presume that's resilia.
I'll keep in touch with you in every step. You all are helping a lot.

One argument was the duration of the new bio valves and needing of any cirurgical procedures Iif on INR. He sayid he got an patient with 18y old bio valve, but I forgot to ask the age.

My endocrinologyst says there's no problem on having diabetes and doing INR

And I can show you someone with a bio valve that lasted 6 months.

One argument was the duration of the new bio valves and needing of any cirurgical procedures Iif on INR. He sayid he got an patient with 18y old bio valve, but I forgot to ask the age.

My endocrinologyst says there's no problem on having diabetes and doing INR
Hi! Fellow diabetic and INR manager here!
Taking anticoagulants will not affect your diabetes, your diabetes will be strictly affected by the stress exerted over your body during surgery, but your blood sugar will be manageable with time. I also recommend a mechanical valve especially at your age, having diabetes decreases the life expectancy of the bio-valve.

Hi! Fellow diabetic and INR manager here!
Taking anticoagulants will not affect your diabetes, your diabetes will be strictly affected by the stress exerted over your body during surgery, but your blood sugar will be manageable with time. I also recommend a mechanical valve especially at your age, having diabetes decreases the life expectancy of the bio-valve.
Man, thanks for this information.

News:

I saw a new cardiologist, a woman. And she is raddicaly against the bio valve in my case. She gave me lots of arguments, some of them, you gave me here too, like the risk of new surgeryies on avanced age, and management of INR as easy and not the myths 10 or 20y old. She sayid, with sure, that I WILL have a new surgery if I get a bio valve, and sayd also that age and the fact I had other surgeryies before get my risk of death higher.
I already was inclined to the mechanical valve. Thats not an inclination now, its a choice.
Next week, I will talk again with the surgeon and try to understand why he sugested a bio valve. But, Its 99% of chance that Ill become a clicker now.
Thanks you all for the support.

I don't know the difference in cost for the tissue valve vs. the mehanical valve in Brazil, but I wonder if the doctor who recommended the tissue valve thought he was saving the health system a few dollars by recommending what is the wrong type of valve for you.

Also - you said at the beginning that you weren't managing your diabetes very well. Perhaps the doctor thought that you wouldn't be compliant in your INR management, either, so he chose a valve that probably won't require that you take warfarin.

Latest posts

Back