Hi Everyone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisiejane

Hi Everyone,
Not been available for a while, hope all is well.
I am now nearly six months post AVR and I have days when I feel fantastic, still experiencing visual issues (migraines) but have been given the all clear from my optician regarding anything sinister following being on H/L machine so that's good :)I will be having a 48hr heart monitor in a couple of weeks to check for silent AF, and my Cardiologist will hopefully take me off the Beta Blocker. she said that even if I have occasional rhythm issues, she will stop them and prescribe meds to take PRN. i asked if I could stop taking the Statins, as my pre surgery Angiogram showed no issues with my Arteries, her reply was " if it isn't broke, don't fix it" I have been taking these since I was diagnosed as a precaution, and she says it will not harm me to stay on them !!!!!!!
Sorry I have neglected those that helped me through a very scary time, I just got embroiled in work, :eek:
I will catch up with others posts.
Good to be back
Deb x

Nice to see you back on forum Deb ! Did you get my email re the necklaces ?

I'm still getting those visual problems too (silver streaks/blobs, migraine auras of zigzagging patterns of light filling my vision (no headache) and double vision) - saw my cardiologist for review last Thursday and he wants me to see a neurologist to check it over - I've read it's a side effect of the heart lung machine.
Anne
x

Hi there! I'm 22 weeks post-op today, and STILL feel a jillion times better than I did in the 10 years before surgery. I get the aural migraines as well, but not as often as pre-op. I find that closing my eyes for 5-15 minutes and maybe having a small piece of candy or chocolate helps a bit. I wonder how much is related to the insomnia?

Good to hear from you!
-Meredith

Latest posts

Back