here we go again!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Well here I am back in the pre surgery part of the discussion boards. I had my annual echo done, and they said the regurge is off the charts on both my mitral and my aortic valves. I have to have them both replaced. The problem is, last time I was in Washington and had excellent doctors, and here in Hawaii, the hospital has a reputation for leaving surgical instruments, and for people dying either during or right after surgery. I am not ok with this! I guess I am a little scared this time because of this, and the fact that it is the second time, and I have to have two of them done this time. I don't know a time frame yet, so I guess I am in the waiting room for now....wish me luck!

Joy, you'll do great. Didn't you have insurance through the military? Is that still the same? Any chance you could come back to Seattle or to another location if you are uneasy about having it done in Hawaii?

A cardiologist mentioned to me that Verrier isn't doing as many surgeries as he used to instead mainly teaching and recommended another guy at the UDUB.

Bummer you are back in the waiting room. Don't wait too long through, I went downhill fast when my bovine valve gave up the ghost and my second surgery was a bit rough. I should have surgery earlier than I did.

Oh no, Joy. I am so sorry to read this. I think you will do fine. In most hospitals, the heart surgeons and their staff are sort of on a higher plain than the rest of the hospital and hoppefully more exacting. And your after care should be better as well.

I know quite a few families who children need heart surgery, while they were in the Military, and many of them went to California. Hopefully if the local hospital doesn't instill confidence you can go elewhere too

Oh my goodness..... very sorry, Joy.

Thoughts/prayers en route.....

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All that it takes is some time" ... OAR ... 'Shattered'

Are you Prime or Standard? I know people who were sent to Seattle or California for medical treatment when we were stationed in Hawaii. The first argument for it was the doctor was familiar with their case and second was that the doctor was more experienced in the specific treatment/ surgery than those on the island. I used to have more problems dealing with tricare but have been able to get most of what I want or close when I argue, especially if you can get a doctor on your side. Good Luck

Latest posts

Back