Hensylee

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gillian (in UK)

Just to wish you all the best with the dentist, and also been wondering how your brother is doing?

Thanks re the dentist. Have to admit I am afraid, tho I have spent so much time in the dentist chair over the years that I can actually go to sleep but this is a brand new thing and rather daunting.

Brother's cardioversion is sticking and with that he is doing VERY WELL, for which I am so thankful. His pro-time and INR (21.3 and 1.3 respectively) are not adjusted yet and they keep changing his dosage via me because he gets so confused with any sort of change and he'd screw it up royally, like the other day he took his morning meds TWICE. He will apparently have to live with the dysautonomia the rest of his life and it's a problem but he's handling it - stays out of heat, tries to watch stress, etc. All in all, he's doing really well for the first time in several years. Thanks for asking. God bless

Good luck at the dentist

Good luck at the dentist

Hi Hensylee-

Good luck at the dentist. Been there done that about a hundred million times. Joe says I have given my dentist a gold Cadillac, and I tell him that he's given his cardiologist and surgeon a platinum Rolls Royce, one for each of them. Those boys deserve it!

Hensylee,

I'm happy to hear the good news on your brother. It's been quite an education! Especially for others that may be similarly afflicted with dysautonomia. I'm happy the cardioversion "stuck"; that doesn't always happen. And for the rest- - "it takes time".

Regards, Strayze

Hensylee-
Good Luck at the Dentist. I have a major phobia regarding dentists. It's the shots I hate, after that all is okay.
Let me know how it goes - I have to get a crown next month. Never had more than a filling except for my wisdom teeth pulled.
I have been postponing this for months. At first they thought I needed a root canal.
Take Care and smile with those pearly whites.

Tammy

Thank you all. Actually it was not bad at all. Had plenty of anesthesia via needle. Dentist is a good guy, as well as his staff, and I have spent so much money there, they treat me VERY WELL. Was in at 10:15, home by 11:15 without much pain. Teeth are exactly like the original (caps) so you'd hardly know anything is changed. Have Darvocet and am taking it easy. Been trying to get this done since 3/1/01 but had several travel plans, then the dentist took 3 wks vac so it's taken us 3 1/2 mos to get together!

Latest posts

Back