Help me analyze this CT Scan

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFLOL!!! "Cut here"...You tube...:D...Now I have this image of a video taking place in your kitchen entitled "Do It Yourself Heart Surgery With Aaron J". We'll hear Aaron's voice as the narrator, as we see a live-action computer generated drawing with cut lines appearing where he plans to cut..."I figure this whole section here has got to go..."

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Man, I was laughing so hard for a minute there, I went into SOB and coughing spasms. Hey, if I disappear off this board, it will be all your fault, Aaron and Oaktree ...quit making me laugh! :p

Aaron...I dare you to tell your surgeon that you measured the CT yourself and you think they got it wrong. ;) That's what my husband dared me to do when I used the eFilmLite program on the CT disk to measure mine. You're in good company! :cool:

"Cut here"...LOL

Aaron, I'm with you on this one--that aorta looks totally wacked out to me. If that was mine, I'd get second and third opinions ASAP and be demanding surgery! :eek: But that's just my very uneducated opinion.

Of course, for all I know, mine might look like that, because I got the crappy CT scan that basically looks like a glorified x-ray...it took me an hour to FIND my aneurysm!

I don't know about the possibility of a dissection, but something just doesn't look right to me. Seriously...:eek:

But hopefully you're wrong and your aorta is just an "original." :cool:

Well I have new scans from UofM that were taken with a gated CT scanner. After seeing these shots I feel a little more humanoid or something. It also measures a maximum of 4.2 cm, so I'm starting to think the little beak looking projection on that first one is definitely a motion artifact like the surgeon said.

uofmscanfrontpm0.jpg

uofmscansidewv0.jpg

ROFLOL!!! "Cut here"...You tube...:D...Now I have this image of a video taking place in your kitchen entitled "Do It Yourself Heart Surgery With Aaron J". We'll hear Aaron's voice as the narrator, as we see a live-action computer generated drawing with cut lines appearing where he plans to cut..."I figure this whole section here has got to go..."

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Man, I was laughing so hard for a minute there, I went into SOB and coughing spasms. Hey, if I disappear off this board, it will be all your fault, Aaron and Oaktree ...quit making me laugh! :p

Aaron...I dare you to tell your surgeon that you measured the CT yourself and you think they got it wrong. ;) That's what my husband dared me to do when I used the eFilmLite program on the CT disk to measure mine. You're in good company! :cool:

"Cut here"...LOL

I swear to you, if I could do it myself I would.

I showed the surgeon the ct scan that looks wack and he started talking about surgery the same week... so I think we're all in agreeance that it was definitely messed up lookin :D But alas, it was a motion artifact. (I hope)

Aaron,

Now that looks better (if an aneurysm can look better!) Good luck with your journey. Its my last weekend before surgery (if I can hold off the sinus infection).

Latest posts

Back