help make sense of these medical records

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

ok here it goes:
left atrium size is 3.4 cm
left ventricle wall thickness is .7cm
left ventricle demesion in diastole 5.1 cm in systolic 3.4 cm
ejection fraction is %55
sinuses of Valsalva 2.6 x 2.6 cm
sinotubular junction 2.4 x 2.3 cm (perimeter 6.2 cm)
ascending aorota 2.5 x 2.5 cm (perimeter 7.9cm)
arch 7.6 cm perimeter
Desc. Ao at level of PA 2.0 X 1.9 cm (perimeter 6.2 cm)- Pulmonary artery
Desc. Ao at diaphragm 1.6 x 1.6 cm (perimeter 5.2 cm)
no aortic stenosis but moderate direct aortic regurgitation
blah blah blah giving the absence of heart failure symptoms or enlargement of the left ventricle we will not intervene on her aortic valve or aorta at this time.

I did not see anything about a gaident,, don't know how to spell it, but I have read you guys talking about it. This is what I got and seeing I had my last echo about three years ago they feel this has developed in this time. So is it bad? I know if i am already half way there to surgery in three years could it be another 3 years? I have been taking coreg 25mg and 6.5 mg for the last 6 years after my spount with chf. The doctors say the chf 6 years ago is not related to this regurgitation. Now taking coreg and monopril. Thanks for all your help

Hi, I would suggest calling your ordering cardiologist and askign these questions. They can better tell you what they are thinking. You can also request your clinic notes from that day through medical records to better understand what the doctor is thinking regarding your regurgitation. Hope this helps.

It seems strange that there is No mention of the Effective Areas for the Mitral and Aortic Valves.
These numbers are related to the Pressure Gradients across those valves (which are also conspicuous by their absense).
From your Cardiologist's comments, it would appear that he did not consider those numbers to be of concern.
You would need to ask your Cardio for more details about your "moderate regurgitation"
(a.k.a. "insufficiency"...basically backflow at the end of the pumping cycle)
FYI, "moderate" typically means there is an issue there but it is not severe enough to warrant intervention.
Regular Monitoring by Echocardiograms is the usual protocol.

Your Ejection Fraction of 55% is in the Normal (or Low Normal) range.
(the definition of Normal varies with Hospital but is typically somewhere between 50 and 70 %)

I agree with Pedimed's recommendation to get copies of your Echo Report and Office Notes for your visit.
Many offices have a Records Department that can provide these items (they may have a copying charge).
You will need to sign a "Request for Information" and fill it out for "Yourself" and "Personal Information".

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back