Help- Brother was diagnosed Bicuspid

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deciding to wait for possible improvements versus taking care the problem before it escalates is a choice between an intangible and a reality. IF it's safe to wait, it's probably not a bad idea -- but, personally, I don't think I'd risk my future on a 'possibility' when a repair that may seem archaic 50 years from now can save my life.

And, as far as double-thick rolls in the United States are concerned, these may not be enough. Ultimately, our lives, in terms of anticoagulation management, are really in our hands. If you keep good records of dosing and weekly test results, you should be able to find a physician who can write the prescriptions for the warfarin.

(The drug companies are still aggressively working on high priced replacements for the dime a pill generic warfarin. In theory, the need for self testing may be reduced. However, personally, I would rather take the cheap, reliable, reversible stuff than enrich the drug manufacturers who continue to offer dangerous 'alternatives')

So, finally we saw my surgeon today after his CT and Eco. Turns out he's at 47-48mm. Heart functioning fine, valve seems to be ok with a very tiny leak. Ordered another eco 6 months from now and consider options around then.

Back