Help, Bridge Help

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,

Thanks for the encouragement about sending that article to the head Radiologist. I am thinking I should wait until this is over as I don't want to cause problems with them just orienting themselves to this new procedure and equipment.

Hematoma? Does that explain why I am Dolly Parton only on ONE side?? Pretty purple and painful. Maybe I shouldn't have started Coumadin and Lovenox last night?

donna

Have been on vacation. The warfarin did not contribute to the hematoma. It takes about 3 days to kick in. Warfarin and Lovenox should overlap for 2 days aftwr your INR gets back in range.

Donna, you do have a hematoma. I agree the warfarin didn't cause it. The needle nicked a blood vessel. I've seen some big hematomas. All responded well to compression and/or ice.As you bring up your INR try not to let it get over 2.5 until your hematoma is all gone.

Thanks for your post Marty and Al but I had called my Radiologist before I read the posts as instructed if any problems.

Well, again, they think it is the coumadin causing the hematoma and I should stop it for a few days and just stay on the lovenox. I told him twice (nicely of course) that what I took wouldn't take effect for three days!!!

He said to use ice, compression and immobility and it will tamponade itself. He said this could last weeks?

I think I will stay on course with the coumadin and lovenox and try to stay on the lower end of 2.5.

I am to call my Dr tomorrow for further instructions.

What a battle this is. I am exhausted just dealing with the medical field with this anticoag issue.

Thanks all and I hope Tom is doing ok with his anticoag situation.

Now, if only I could get a matching pair!!!!!

Donna

Latest posts

Back