Hello

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jim Trickey

I am a new member so Hello to everyone. I have a Bjork Shiley Aortic valve. It was placed into operation June 19 of 1975 and has been ticking away ever since. So far it has not given any indication that it will quit. I was 37 at the time of the operation and will celebrate my 65 birthday in July. I look forward to learning from you all and maybe I can contribute some also. Clear Skies.

Hi Jim-

Nice to meet you and welcome to this terrific site.

My husband Joe also has a Bjork-Shiley aortic valve, implanted in 1977, so you've got a couple of years on him. His valve is still going strong as well. There is another member with a Bjork-Shiley, her name is Gisele. I think hers was implanted a little later. Maybe she'll see this thread and post about her valve.

I'm sure you will have lots of good information to share.

Glad you're here.

A true veteran, JIm. You are MOST WELCOME here and wanted. Wow - 1975. Bet you can offer some good advice and experience to others coming along - welcome - Ann (Hensylee)

Hi Jim and welcome!
I also will turn the big 65 in July.
I've had my St. Jude mechanical valve for about seven years.
To hear your story is very encouraging regarding the possible longevity we may be facing.

Hi Jim,

Welcome! Great to see you are doing so well close to 30 years out from surgery. Going on 5 with my mitral valve.

Looking forward to your future posts.

hi jim!
welcome to this site. it's always so encouraging to read posts like yours and hearing that folks are doing so well after all this time.
i'm sure you will just love it here. everyone is so kind, helpful and sensitive.
you will make a wonderful addition!
stay well, sylvia

Welcome

Welcome

Hi Jim

Welcome to VR.com,

I am sure you will be make many new friends here,

It is encouraging to hear from a person who has had a valve for a long time,

Jan

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome Jim,
I just had my surgery 15 days ago and this site was a God send for me prior to surgery. This site is amazing.
Once again welcome (from a "Neighbor":D :D :D )

Hi Jim, I am new to this site also. I just had a St. Jude aortic valve replacement a month ago today and I am doing great. I think this is a Super site. Dave

Hi Jim and fyrfytr

Hi Jim and fyrfytr

We're always so glad to get new members (as in family members). And this is fun - a vet and a newbie in one thread. We can offer endless streams of advice to fyrfytr and wring all the experience and knowledge right out of Jim. Excellent. :D

Hang around and enjoy. I'll bet you're both glad that you're not in the waiting room (sorry Steve, Betty, et. al. Keep those magazines current).

Well, you would all be welcome here during visiting hours. . .

Really, guys and gals, those of us who are still waiting are ever helped and comforted when we read that others just like ourselves can and do make it through this stage of the condition(s) and come out on the other side with real lives to live. Keep up the dialog! We'll watch and read it across all the forums.

Thanks for welcome

Thanks for welcome

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry I did not reply quickly but the Wife(Suzanne) and I got a chance to slip out of town for a couple of days. Clear skies.

Back