Hello! My First Post...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary Ellen

Hi to all of you! I am Mary Ellen and my MVR date was 12/4/98. My story was just posted so you can get all the details there.

I have been "listening in" on your forums for some time and think this is a wonderful group. I don't know anyone locally who has had a valve replacement so it is good to be in contact with those in the know. It has been a big surprise to see how many youngsters are members, as I thought these problems became serious mostly in retirement days...(I am 68).

My third anniversary is coming up December 4 and I thank God I'm alive! I am sure I wouldn't be here if I hadn't had the replacement. For anyone in the Delaware area, I can highly recommend Christiana Care Hospital and their fine doctors.

Now that I've broken the ice, I hope to contribute to the forums.

Welcome to the group, Mary Ellen.
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary, too!
Kev

Hi Mary Ellen,
Welcome to our group! Also congratulations on your anniversary... isn't life precious?

Take care,
Zazzy

Speaking of Anniversaries........

Speaking of Anniversaries........

Hi MaryEllen and welcome to our group........Jump in anytime, read our stories and you'll find a great group of folks here....from all walks of life, all ages........all sharing.

My second year anniversary was Nov 4..........

Hey MaryEllen - welcome to our home and stick around. Lots of comaraderie here. As to 'all ages' a teen's mom came in a few days ago so the valve thing knows no bounds. I didn't have valve replacement - had bypass - but still gets lots of good information about hearts here. Can't get better information from anybody than the actual recipients. God bless

WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hi, MaryEllen,

Glad you found us. I didn't know about the site either when I had my AVR 1-2000. I found it in the late spring of '00. Such a great group with so much accumulated information and experience.

Please join us regularly.

Hi Maryellen, welcome

Hi Maryellen, welcome

You'll love this site. There's a wealth of info. here and many kind people who have, together, been through it all. You'll find answers to just about any question you might have from the patient's point of view.

We hope to see you often.

Last edited:
Welcome to our VR.com Family MaryEllen,

You've come to the right place. I found this site about 6 weeks post-op. I'm so glad I did. There is so much infomation shared here. Happy Anniversary to you, MaryEllen. Also Happy belated Anniversary to you too Bob.

Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome! I've already learned things from this site...I'll be putting my two cents in now and then.

I didn't see anyone from Delaware in the member list...anyone out there?

Welcome Mary Ellen

Welcome Mary Ellen

Just had surgery, be two months 11-13-01. I count my blessings everyday. I just remember what I first thought when I woke a little after surgery, "I am still here." It still bring a smile on my face in the memory of the thought. I am happy to be alive and feeling better in such a short time. Having more energy for the first time in years. You are doing so well and being so optimistic. You have come to the right place. We all need more poeple like you. So full of live. Thanks for sharing and come in often.

Caroline
Aortic valve replacement
09-13-01
St. Jude's valve

welcome

welcome

Hi There happy aniversary my third is coming up in Jan. I am not from Deleware but I am close to you I am in maryland right between Frederick and Baltimore in Sykesville so I guess you could say we are neighbors. I come to OC Md on vacation every year so thats pretty close i guess depending on where you are in Deleware. We have actually stayed there many times right across the line from OC to deleware. love that Fenwick crab house and the Country kitchen Yummy! Glad to have you abord . I am fairly new to and still learning. Talk to you soon I am sure.
Sue

Hi Mary Ellen,

Just wanted to welcome you to the group and congradulate you on your upcoming 3rd anniversary. Glad you found the site and are participating. Everyone on the site is so helpful to each other and to those coming here searching for answers, or just a comforting feeling to find others that have been through it. And to think, so many of us thought we were all alone out there!

Welcome,

Rob

Latest posts

Back