Hello....I'm Back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi to everyone!!! I'm so glad to be up and around and feeling pretty great considering (pain medication is a wonderful thing!;) )
I'm so glad to know you have all be out there thinking of my family and I during this time! Here are just a few thoughts I've had since being home:

1. Three children in any room at one time....is very noisy! LOL!
Make mental note to consume pain meds at least 30 minutes before they enter the room!

2. Hairy armpits and legs......only a fashion statment in Europe....I think not!:D

3. A hot shower is a beautiful thing....and should be considered an aerobic activity during this recovery time.

4. Friends both new and old are a precious gift and should be cherished.:)

5. Thank you God for another day.....help me to use it to bring glory to YOU!

Love to you all,
Julia

Hi Julia!
It is wonderful to hear that you are doing well and back at home. Boy, do I remember getting home and just wanting to take a shower and get rid of all that extra hair that grew EVERYWHERE!!!LOL!!! Just remember to do that walking and those breathing exercises. Rest up and hope to hear more from you real soon.

Take Care!
Gail

Julia,
Welcome home. Glad to hear all went well. Being home is good - family and friends make all the difference. Continue to count your blessings. God is good! :)

All due respect Gail (Creed3) -a different gender perspective.

I am 9 weeks post op and now really hoping for the final regrowth of body hair removed. The itching is almost as bad as any of the post op stuff. Not that I have the pelt of an ape, but some of the protrusions especially in the area of my scar seemed like stiches that had not yet been properly removed-tugging on them was not the thing to do.

Of course hoping is probably not going to help my head as you might note from my avatar.

Enought

Glad things are going well for you Julia. Remember walk, walk, walk, breathe, breathe, breathe, nap, nap, nap.

Happy you are back with the children!!!

B

Hey, Julia - so nice to hear your pretty voice - we missed you but knew you would be along soon. Keep those meds handy for now, sit and watch those babies grow and enjoy every single minute of it. God bless

Julia,

What a wonderfully positive message. It took a lot longer for my sense of humor to return. Wishing you a good recovery.

-- roy --

Wow Bill!
I never really thought about how men have to deal with hair growing back in where the incision was made. That must feel awful. You not only have the normal incision pain everyone has but an additional irritation as well. See, we learn new things here everyday.

Take Care!
Gail

Welcome back and welcome to your new life Julia!
I'm so glad to hear you upbeat. I felt beat up instead. Your inspirational.

I looked like a big hairy disaster when I finally got with the program. Not to be gross, (Well, maybe) my nose hair was so long and thick that the first thing I wanted once I saw them, was some clippers. I never did get them down to size till I got home. I can only imagine what people, who were working with me, thought when they saw that. I made jokes about using them for an escape rope out the window.

The chest hair thing-I agree. Itch and Ouch!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back