Hello from the other side!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Dub

Hi all,

I haven't posted much but got a ton of good info from this site prior to my surgery. On Wed I had aortic root replacement by Dr. Trento at cedars Sinai in Los Angeles an things went very well. In fact, I was able to walk under my own power from the ICU to the cardiac rehab unit! I'm feeling better every day an looking forward to continuing to get better. I'm using the spirometer and trying to sit up and walk a lot, eating solid foods, and getting good rest( about an hour at a time).

Glad to be over the mountain. I'll post more updates when I can.

Thanks,
J-dub

J-Dub

Congrats. It is a good feeling to be on the other side and start to feel yourself recovering. Sounds like you are doing all the right thinks - walk, spirometer, rest and eat. Everyone is different, but about week 4 after surgery I really began to feel like my old self, only better. Good luck and keep us posted.

Congrats. Looking forward in my opinion is the best way. I think it made me stronger faster. Just remember to listen to your body and don't over do it.

Welcome to the post-OHS side. It's always good to hear when things are progressing well for people. Keep up the good work, and let us know if you have any questions.

Latest posts

Back