Heart Rate Monitor Strap

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My strap doesn't bother me but I'd think that the anti chafing stuff would do a good job? I think it's called astro glide here (and I really hope I haven't got that mixed up with a product of an entirely different nature!)

Or vasoline ?

What I've done may or may not work for you, I've worn the strap lower than my chest - (which for me is right under my sports bra) - but you get the idea. It's nowhere near the scar, however that placement might also render it worthless.

I had an itchy scar at the base. I put a silicone strip (scar treatment) on it for several months as a cushion. Maybe that would help?

My strap doesn't bother me but I'd think that the anti chafing stuff would do a good job? I think it's called astro glide here (and I really hope I haven't got that mixed up with a product of an entirely different nature!)

Or vasoline ?

I think the product you're talking about is BodyGlide.

I wear mine right under my incision and this is right above the chest tube incision and it doesn't bother me.

I've got a Timex heart rate monitor and find that it actually works better if I offset the sensor a little to the left to the bottom of my incision.
I also use Bodyglide to reduce irritation, particularly before going on long runs.
Mark

Latest posts

Back