Heart of the Sunrise progress

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbeard

I am very interested in Heart Of The Sunrise progress. I just received my diagnosis of a bicuspid heart valve, and aorta enlarged(aneurysm ) 4.2, 4.5. This past August. I am 57 years old. I was wondering how long you watched something get worse before you had surgery? I am new to this posting of information...I hope I am not wasting anyone' time here.

mbeard: Here is the chronology. 10/9/12- yearly Physical. Left Bundle Branch Block discovered. 10/26/12- Echo reveals severe bicuspid aortic valve with major regurg and my ascending aorta was 4.9 dialated. EF was 45%. Mildly dialted LV. Met with cardio on 12/18/12. Saw surgeon on 2/5/13. Pre-admission testing 3/9/13. Surgery on 3/18/13. 8 months post op and I am doing fine. I was completely asymptomatic. I saw no reason to wait and wanted the surgery ASAP. Started out thinking tissue but glad I choose the ON-X mechanical valve. Coumadin has not been a problem. My EF is now 60 as my surgeon predicted. I was on short-term disabilty for 10 weeks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back