Heart Cath came out great.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67walkon

They did my heart cath today for my July 6 surgery. The local doctor gave us copies of some of the pictures and wrote on them that my coronary arteries were "beautiful"--first really good heart news I've had in a while!

There was one odd thing. Almost 2 years ago, my arotic valve had "mild" stenosis, they told me it was around 1.5 cm. In March of this year, it was estimated at around 1 cm. Today, during the cath, the doctor did the differential pressure measurement or whatever it is twice because the 1st showed an estimated aortic valve size of 1.7 cm. The 2d one estimated it at .93 cm.

I asked the doctor how there could be such a big difference and he didn't know. He said he suspects the valve is somewhere in between. I suspect, based on my history, that the lower range is more correct. Either way, I still have the 5 cm ascending aorta, so I have to get it done.

What could cause such a difference?

Can't help you with your question, but want to congratulate you on the clean arteries- that's always a relief.

Great news!!! Clean pipes are what you want. I remember watching the tube when they pushed the dye through and the cardio said "perfect". It is a great feeling. I am sure all will go well in your surgery.

Tom

Great news on the heart cath, one less thing to worry about as your surgery date approaches!

Great news on the heart cath!

Good luck with your July 6 surgery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Congratulations on the "clean pipes" report. I know I was relieved when I received my report. One less thing to worry about.

Sorry, can't help you with your question on the difference in measurements.

Best wishes with the surgery.

Latest posts

Back