Hearing Loss

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John & Joann

Just a quick question. Have you ever heard that the length of time on the pump affects the hearing. Joann was on the pump for over 6 hrs. in 1999. She has had moderate hearing loss. The audiologist told her (and another patient that had bypass) that there is some medical indication that the length of time on the pump will reduce your hearing levels.

Is this an OLD WIVES TALE or is there some truth to this rumor????

Hearing Aids have helped a great deal. She can now turn me off and tell the truth!!!!

I haven't heard about pump time being connected to hearing loss. I was on the pump for about 4 hours during my last OHS and have no hearing loss. If anything my hearing is clearer. Now - my SO has hearing loss. Maybe because he sat around for hours waiting??????/;) :D ;)

What an interesting post.

My husband has worn a hearing aid for many years....from his mid 40's. I was SO relieved when he got it. He is now on his third device.

He did have surgery almost 5 years ago, and frankly I did not notice any difference in his actual hearing.....but frankly, it wouldn't surprise me.

I hope the aid continue's to help her.

marybeth

Latest posts

Back