Having a Mitral valve replacement op: 31 March 2008

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Smiley,

The waiting part is the hardest my dear but just remind yourself that you are waiting for a new lease on life! :) We have all gone through the same fears & anxieties sometimes more than once but each time the fear is no less! :eek: You are very young which is a BIG plus for you already & remember that your little children & your husband need you so stay focused on that! I have no doubt that you will do just fine & I will keep you in my prayers! Hang in there my friend! :)

Smiley...

Welcome to the community ! I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op for an aortic valve replacement and this was my first surgery of any type ever. Needless to say I had my moments where I was less than confident. I was lucky that I went from initial diagnosis to the surgery in a mere 15 days. I didn't have alot of time to stew on it and I will say that the waiting was the worst part. Once your through the procedure they will give you plenty of goodies to keep the pain at bay. Given your age you will breeze right though this and will be back to chasing your kids around in a few months. Its perfectly natural to be scared, because it is a surgery and I don't care what type of procedure your having done, any type of surgery will give people stress. But just look at all the folks on here who are still here :) Once your on the backside if it you will feel so much better. This website helped me in so many ways (and still is) that I can't stop saying thank you to all the wonderful folks who are generous enough to step in and help others. Keep us posted on your progress and you will see what Im talking about !

Back