had pre-op today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrappergirl

Well we did Landon's pre-op today. The longest time was talking to the PA for the surgeon. It sounds like they are going to do a AVR with the Konno procedure. His pulmonary valve didn't look good enough to do the Ross (where they put it in the aortic position). The Konno is where they widen the aortic position(cut into the septum).
So we are thinking a tissue valve at this point since he is so active and growing, knowing that in a ???few years he will need to have another one. We are praying that this one will last him til his teen years or later and who knows what technology will do at that point. I know that coumadin is not tooo bad, but I'm just not sure we want to deal with it at this point. Especially knowing that he will need to have another surgery regardless of what type of valve replacement we go with.

Glad to see you arrived and i'm positive all will go well,

Happy you all made your valve choice and that alone can relax

you lots.So glad you posted and Landon and all of you remain in my

good thoughts and prayers....((HUGS for Landon)) be watching for

your updates,thank-you,be sure you and hubby get rest too.:)

zipper2 (DEB)

Thanks for the update. You all will remain in my thoughts and prayers and we will anxiously await word of a successful surgery.

best wishes for all of you; hope Landon has a smooth and bump-free recovery. And don't forget that you and the rest of the family need as much sleep, rest and food as you can get, too.

Why take warfarin (or any other drug for that matter) if you don't have to, and if he needs a re-do in the future as he grows, sounds like a good plan to me. One less thing to worry about, and no blood draws etc. to fit in, and he will also be able to participate in sports and stuff without too many worries. I can't remember off the top of my head how old Landon is, but it sounds like you, and he if he is old enough to participate in these decisions in any way, have things all in hand.

I am not a medical professional, but if it were my kid (and I only have a furry one) I would probably do just what you are doing. My 2 cents worth!

Latest posts

Back