Had annual Cardio check-up yesterday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiley2000

Hi there to everyone!

I had my annual Cardio check-up yesterday with Dr. Hunky :p

I still have some degree of Pulmonary Hypertention (PH level 24) and Cardio is referring me to a Pulmonoligist for further tests. I had PH pre-op but I thought it would disappear so many months post-op.

Valve has a grade 2 leak (out of 5) but I am happy with that. Heart not enlarged and EF 54%. Now I have to confess that in the past 18 months I have not gone back to my normal Taebo/Aerobic routine as I get out of breath easily and muscle weakness. Maybe that is why my EF is a bit low?

The stress ECG picked up some kind of arrythmia and he is the 2nd Cardio that suggested an implant of some kind of monitor? it looks like a memory-stick (St Jude device) and they can then see what type of arrythmia I have? my resting HR is 116 (on the ECG) and the stress ECG says my HR goes up to 186 after 9 minutes on the Treatmill.

I am going to see Surgeon on the 29th of Oct. for a consult on getting the top 5 wires removed and Cardio will talk to him about implanting the device. I remember he said something about "reveal"?

Does anyone have a info on this?

No info, but good to see you!

You've continued to have quite a time of it--I hope they can get to the source of the problem so you'll feel like resuming your taebo, etc.

Smiley,
Sorry I don't have any answers for you, but just want you to know that I hope you get this sorted out so that you feel well enough to get back to your Taebo class! Best of luck.
Perhaps, you could try a lower impact type exercise class or even yoga to get you back in the groove.

Smiley,

I really don't have any info either, but just wanted to let you know, I hope you get everything sorted out soon. Seems to me, you have had a hard time of it. Having said that, I sure admire your positive outlook! I believe everything will turn out well.

Please keep us updated! Good luck, you're in my thoughts

Im new to all this still smiley, but good luck with your consultation. And keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back