Guess what--

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I was speaking with one of Joe's cardiology team today and he mentioned that they are no longer going to use Lovenox and he quoted the study that we've all read regarding pregnant women and the possibility of it not being good for valvers also. I told him I knew all about it.

They're going back to the old Heparin drip. Interesting isn't it?

We're all in the know, thanks to this site.

Best place in the world for valvers.

Dr. Novoa and I discussed this too, and he said the same thing. No Lovenox, Heparin only. I completely forgot about that until you started this thread. See, I really am losing it.

Hi Nancy,

Understanding that this was a 'professional opinion'. Would you happen to have supporting documents from such study?
Or maybe a FDA warning?

I fully understand the pregnancy issues that woman may face using the Lovenox. Traveled that road deciding if I could safely have another child post op. That stats were not so great.

I did not read anything about the use of Lovenox not being safe and or covering paitents while off Coumadin.

They have always used Heparin in the hospital on me. Outpatient procedures that require similar tactics, we have used the Lovenox with great sucess. Most of us can't afford to sit in the hospital for 10 days waiting for our INRs to come up. My former hemotoligist highly recommed the Lovenox for outpatient proceedures. Has not had one patient with an event.

If you find any supporting documentation would be very interested in seeing it.
Al, care to shead some light on this subject for us! Please :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
There is a thread on the subject started by Blanche.

ValveReplacement.com Forums > Coumadin > Lovenox Safety Warning

I'll bet if everyone stops using Lovenox for heart valve patients that Aventis will start losing money and soon find a way to get Lovenox approved.

Latest posts

Back