Greetings From The CICU At HUP Philly

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skeptic49;n850483 said:
IBut my "numbers" are not quite in the severe range yet, The valve opening is at 0.8 cm2, but the mean gradient is still in the mid to high 30s. So I'll see what they plan to do,.
I'm so pleased that they looked after you so well Jim and that the TEE and cath were not bad experiences like you feared (hey if I ever have to have a TEE or endocopsy I will take heart from your experiences).

I'm being discharged this afternoon with a recommendation for aortic valve replacement. My cardiologist, Marty Keane, was formerly at Penn but he is now at Temple. He has recommended a surgeon that Temple just lured away form the Arizona Heart Institute, Gray Wheatley. Marty also gave me another name at Penn, Wilson Szeto, so I'll meet with both of them. I have time because I have to wait for any neurological damage from last week's incident to heal. It looks like my surgery will be around late January/early February, I feel good about everything and I feel good physically so I just have to stay healthy until I can get rid of the bad valve that is causing the problem.

Thanks for the support everyone...I'll need you guys and gals in the coming months.

Jim

Congratulations on getting some answers, Jim. It's great that you are feeling better and will get your valve taken care of soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery wherever you end up!

Thanks for the good wishes. I must say that the images from the TEE are stunning. I downloaded the TEE to my computer. It provides such a clear picture of a bicuspid valve with raphe. I also have something called "Lambl's Excrescences," which are like filaments that grow off of the cusps of the valve. They can break off and cause strokes. It all adds up.

Glad to see that the tests weren't too bad and you also got some questions answered with an action plan in place, Jim.
As others have said, we will be here for you.
Hope that you will be able to put a little bit of this 'heart stuff' aside and enjoy the holiday season to the best of your abilities :).
As always, my very best wishes

I have aortic valve repair and ascending aneurysm replacement surgery scheduled at HUP for Feb 6th so who knows we might be there at the same time. I had my cardiac cath performed there in July by Dr Kolansky and everything went nice and smooth also. Originally I was assigned Wilson Szeto as my surgeon and I heard great things about him but I'm having it done by Dr Bavaria. Keep up the positive thinking.

ottagal;n850548 said:
Hope that you will be able to put a little bit of this 'heart stuff' aside and enjoy the holiday season to the best of your abilities :).
As always, my very best wishes

Thanks...yea, I will. I have two consultations with surgeons scheduled now for early January. Goin downtown tomorrow for a holiday concert. Next week we have a party to go to in 12/24...all good holiday stuff.

Jim

Latest posts

Back