Great 3 month Post-Op!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camgough

Hello everyone, I had my first echo then follow-up with surgeon yesterday after a Feb 18 AVR. I was 34 going into my second OHS as my wife was 32 weeks pregnant. My EF had dropped to 33% and my left ventricle was increased to 7.3 cm (huge)!
Preliminary echo results from yesterday show EF is between 45-50 % and my left ventricle is now 6.3 cm. These numbers on their own are not spectacular, but are amazing for such a short time post-op. I imagine with my exercise regime, medication and time, this will all continue to improve.
The surgeon also said I am good to go for the 1.5-2.0 INR with the On-X aortic valve. (This is in Canada)
As for how I feel, I feel better and have better exercise tolerance than I did after my 2010 valve repair. Doing 5km (3.1mi) jogging in under 35mins with energy to spare.
I'm on warfarin (6,7), coversyl (8), aspirin and am prescribed crestor (20), but not taking it yet. Hope to lower cholesterol with increased exercise!

Baby Ellie was born mid-April and I couldn't be happier!

Hey, Cam!

Sounds like you're doing smashingly well! I'm so glad to hear that all is settling down for you. You sort of knew what to expect, but I'm glad it is making such a difference for you.

May you enjoy many more great years on this one!

Congrats on the follow up and the new baby. I had surgery on Feb 4th and a one month follow up but not a 3 month. Wonder if that's more down to individual drs or the specific case.

Latest posts

Back