Grand Opening

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jimeskimo

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello,I haven't a date set yet for my valve replacement in U.W. in Seattle,I have a post op sitdown with the teams this Thursday and will know for sure(date/time)then,will keep in touch.

Jim

Welcome aboard, Jim....loved your term, "GRAND OPENING!!!" This is a wonderful site with extremely knowledgeable people who will answer any question you choose to ask. We've been members since May/June of 2002 when my husband had an AVR with a mechanical St. Jude's valve done in Long Island. (St. Francis, Dr. James Taylor) Everyone here is supportive and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. I'm glad you found this site....they're incomparable!!!

Good luck with your consult. Let us all know when and where so we can put you in our prayers.

Evelyn

Welcome Jim

Welcome Jim

I hope you have had a chance to read thru lots of pre and post -op threads. We will get you thru this too..:) I guess you have e-mailed back and forth to Joy..Let us know the Grand Opening date..We put it on our calendars....Ask anything..From what to take to hospital ..to how to sleep when you get home....We are here for you:) Bonnie

Good luck Jim. I went to the UW and had a positive experience. Joy, Johnny Stephens and I all had Dr. Verrier and I think are all pleased with the outcome.

Dr.Verrier

Dr.Verrier

That's who I have for my operation,I'm thankful for the positive input from this board,and the info on what to expect post op.I'll keep ya'll posted.

Jim

Grand Opening date

Grand Opening date

Well yesterday the 19th I met the team at Univ.Wash.and was very pleased with them.
Dr.Verrier and his associates were very optimistic about my surgery and post op and because,as I rationalized,I'm not into the ordeals of the mechanical device and all that goes with it,coumadin,blood tests etc. he had no problem with my choice of valve and we decided on Elsie (bovine):p
If Elsie lasts me 10-15 years,I was told that because of my age that could be longer,that would put me between 77-87,and the thought of living to 80+/- is very thought provoking.
Oh yeah the big day is Oct.3rd,and am looking forward to it.Every one on the team all say the same thing,after surgery(over a period of time of course)there will be some significant changes,such as shortness of breath,tiredness,leg edema,and very possibly what was diagnosed as bronchial asthma is very possibly fluid build-up in the lungs.... well see.Sorry this is sooooo long but I had to talk to someone that knows the situation,and really appreciate you folks being here.

Jim

It's all good!

It's all good!

Hello Jim, happy to see yet another of Dr. Verrier's patients on here. I'm 5 months post-op and am convinced that Dr. Verrier's skill and his team's followup are what saved my life. I had some complications due to a previous bout with radiation treatments, and Dr. Verrier correctly predicted that it would be a "tricky" operation.

Looks like we may soon have critical mass enough to have our own local "reunion!"

PS Say 'hi" to Denise and the rest of his staff for me!

Let us know if you need anything.

Welcome Jim,

don't apologize for long posts or anything here. These people are the greatest. They got me through what I thought was a death sentence with support, good humor, and all the information I needed to be pretty confident about making the decision to have surgery.

You have a great team in the OR and a greater team here at VR.com come often for any support you want or need.

We will be pulling for you.

Best of everything to you.

Bill

Dr.Verrier and team

Dr.Verrier and team

Hi John:
Yep they are a great team and I will say hello to Denise for you.

Jim

Latest posts

Back