Got my surgery date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev

Just got a call from my surgeon's office, and my AVR will be done Tuesday July 19th. I've only been in the waiting room for about a month, but it's been emotionally and physically stressful. I'm ready to get this over with ASAP.
Any advice, words of wisdom???

Bev that date is all yours on the VR calendar I am sure Barton Street will be kind to you and the saying sooner the better is never so appropriate

Godspeed Bev and post reports as soon as yuou feel up to it or assign that job to family

I had a month to get ready, and it was definitely emotionally and physically stressful and exhausting. I researched like crazy every single night, which took it's toll, but I wanted to do everything I could to be ready - valve selection, pre-surgery issues, post-surgery issues, etc. It's pretty amazing all the info on here...I was very well prepared, and it definitely paid off. Anyway, my surgery was on a Tuesday and I put a stop to all research, preparations, etc the Friday before. The 3 day weekend was the time to focus on family and not worry about the surgery anymore. I stayed perfectly calm from that point forward, and it was a breeze all the way to the bright lights of the OR. Best wishes.

Thanks Greg! Barton St. will be all ready for me. I've been through this twice with my father, so I know how efficient they are at Hamilton General's cardiac unit. I have a great surgeon, good support from family and friends, and some tiny little pills to keep my chilled for the next few days;)
ElectLive, yes it's kind of insane and obsessive reading everything on here, but I've sure learned a LOT. I hope I'm one of those people posting that it was a breeze, and that the waiting was the hard part. I will probably slow down on the research too and focus on some things I need to get done around the house before my "vacation."
Thanks for the good wishes, and thanks to the members of this site for their informative posts.

Latest posts

Back