Got My INRatio Machine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Finally after fighting with my insurance for the past year and half found the info here about QAS. They went to bat for me and got the insurance to pay for their machine. Hopefully no more going to the Doctor every month and coming out with a nice bruised arm. The only problem I had was with the nurse from QAS or where ever, had alot of trouble trying to understand her on the phone. Sounded like she was on a speaker phone. Every time I had to ask her to repeat something, you could hear by the tone of her voice that she was getting nasty. Also with each step I informed her that I had to put the phone down to do them and I could still hear her talking away, guess she didn't get it that she was talking to air. Oh well it is a great machine and I know it is going to make life easier, now that I don't have to take time off work to visit the doctor every month.

You'll love home testing and actually enjoy pricking yourself. So much better then going to the lab and sitting with the diseased folks and catching things. You'll be able to keep yourself in range a lot more closely too. When I went to the lab, I was in range at best 58% of the time. I just finished a 31 week cycle of tests and it's improved to where I'm in range 91% of the time.

You'll love the empowerment that an INR tester gives you.

When I got my ProTime 3, I ran a test at home, then had my sister (an RN) and her daughter (a nursing school student) help me. Of course, neither my sister nor her daughter had ever done an INR test of any kind. We muddled through it.

I was OK during all this. Then came the big moment: I had to do a test at my doctor's office. I was all thumbs! But I got it done, they signed off on the paperwork and we faxed the paperwork to QAS.

Latest posts

Back