Going on Holiday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve119

Hi I am about to go on holiday in a months time, from the u.h to good old u.s.a. I was just wondering how this would affect my taking of warfarin, or it it would affect it at all?

Whilst away i want to get involed in activites such as jet skis, surfing etc, do you think being on warfain will effect me from doing these sort of activites?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks,

It is recommeded that you take your coumadin at the same time each day simply so you don't forget to take it. The time of day does not matter.

Any activity that has a HIGH chance of getting hit in the head or causing a limb to be cut severely or severed are usually thought of as ones to be avoided unless it is possible to wear a helmet or other protective gear. Just use that as a guideline and you should be fine.

Where are you going while here in the US?

As Gina said, do.

Protect your noggin and have fun! You didn't have this surgery to sit on the sidelines watching others having the fun.

The key to managing warfarin is routine. The idea of a holiday is to get away from routine. Therefore, expect your INR to be out of range, probably high. However, it will probably not be high enough for long enough for it to cause harm.

Latest posts

Back