goin' strong at 4 weeks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuoricino

www.thoughtsfromabroad.com
Four weeks ago today I had already been admitted to the hospital and I was "enjoying" my last pre-op meal of tasteless broth with little pasta stars in it and water. ...not that I was really that hungry. I was a little too preoccupied with the fact that the next morning I was going into surgery!!

Four weeks later, I'm doing great! I'm really loosening up in my chest and shoulders and even though I still find it hard to fall asleep without a mountain of pillows, I usually wake up flat on my back with one lone pillow under my head. I've also been experimenting with laying on my side when I'm awake. It's been about a week since my last nap, and my walks are up to over 30 minutes each, twice a day.

As far as my fear of showers, I'm way over that. I look forward to showers now (usually every other day, because they are still a bit time-consuming), and I have a better relationship with my "wound" these days. I've even gotten over seeing it in the mirror and don't shy away from tank tops or other clothes that may reveal it (indoors, that is.... here in Florence it's WAY too cold to go out in anything less than 15 layers of clothing :) ). It's also healing quite nicely, just a scab on the top of the incision site and two at the bottom where the drainage tubes were. The rest is pretty hard to notice from a few feet away.

On Monday I have my first post-op dr.'s appt. and I can't wait!! I hope that I get cleared for work because I'm getting a bit stir crazy!!!! Staying at home was necessary at 2 weeks, enjoyable at 3 weeks, but at 4 weeks.... I'm going nuts!!:eek:

That's great that you are feeling much better. I just sent you a PM in Italian since you have a lot of time on your hands until you go back to work.

It's a great feeling, I'm at week five and I'm going nuts too!!! Glad to hear your good news and it is nice to hear you are doing so well!!! :>)

Latest posts

Back